Girlfriend got a tattoo without saying anything

david123

They are perfectly entitled to think whatever they want. I'm not going to terrorize someone for being different. I just think it's ridiculous and yes I will judge them for it, just like they are judging that girl for having a tattoo and you are judging me for judging them. Round and round we go.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are perfectly entitled to think whatever they want. I'm not going to terrorize someone for being different. I just think it's ridiculous and yes I will judge them for it, just like they are judging that girl for having a tattoo and you are judging me for judging them. Round and round we go.

The thing is though, we don't know that they are. All we actually know is that the OP judged his family/friends for a judgement they haven't even made yet.

• 2 years later...

David123,

As I'm sure you've already considered the demographic of the people you've requested this advice from, I'm also confident you've come to your own conclusion without the assistance of anyone from this site. I commend your values and I would not compromise them for anyone, especially someone who lacks the self respect and regard for others that she does. She is showing you exactly who she is and what she stands for, she is out for herself. She does not understand the value and degree of how her actions effect those around her. It sounds like you would be better off with a woman who has attained an authentic sense of individuality and confidence without the hassle of excuses or buying her way into an image. What part of herself does she want to trade next for a taste of fantasy?

A true partnership is about trust, communication and shared values. Marriage is similar to a business, if this is your partner, you might want to ask yourself a few questions regarding their investment in the company you've created. Contrary to what the masses are telling you on this site, a true partnership is when someone is willing and follows through with expressing regard for your strongly held feelings, beliefs, attitudes and values. No, she will not be accepted in your social circle, but not for having a tattoo, it will be for who she is or thinks she is, and no one wants to surround themself with poor character. The mistakes made in youth will give you an idea of how her mind will evolve and what you'll be dealing with in twn years, people don't usually change. You have every right to feel and think the way you do and every right to stop requesting advice from sites like these. Trust yourself David.

Archived