Am i the only person that hates when people stare?

Jaydedgirl

I noticed that people stare alot at me..even my mum noticed this. Like the other day I was in the car with my mum and a man walked passed,i didnt notice him staring coz i was looking at my phone but my mum noticed and she said that man was staring at me. She decided to turn salt for me,im Hindu so we do that when people have evil eyes has we call it which they mean harm.

I even noticed when im in the mall people will stare at me and when i look back at they just look at me,no smile or they will turn away. Mostly elderly people look at me and sometimes young girls or guys but hardly. I dont dress revealing actually im quite conservative, i wear jeans and a blouse which is in no way revealing, i dont even show my legs coz of the stares i get when i dress "covered". I dont even wear a ton of makeup or anything like shouts " stare at me ". It really makes me uncomfortable and its really rude to stare. I cant help but think they are looking at me with an evil eye and cursing me. Many times i get ill for no reason ,its like a cycle when i go out to the mall i end up feeling sick in a few days and i think its because of peoples staring at me. Im just a normal young lady,im 24 and I dont know why people stare at me sometimes I even cover my face when people look.

Its very uncomfortable and I wish they would stop, theres nothing superior about me and Im no celebrity to even be stared at like that. If people think im attractive then why keep staring till im out of sight,dont they think thats rude...ughhh..i really hate this! What do i do when people stare at me and in no way do i find it flattering.

Heres a pic of me just to show what they stare at lol"

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes I stare off and it may look like I am staring at a particular person but I'm not. You have no idea what the person is really looking at. Don't be bothered by this there are so many explanations as to why someone might be looking but even if they are staring at you it doesn't matter.

I wouldn't pay any mind to it either.

Sometimes I get people staring at me and when I start feeling uncomfortable, I'll stare at them back or look them in the eye. A majority of the time, it would work and they would stop looking.

It could be anything really. They may like what you're wearing, how your hair is, etc..

People stare for the same reason babies stare - because something is interesting and different from most things they've seen before. It's annoying for sure, but it's probably better than if people went out of their way not to look at you.

Maybe it's your imagination, much like your incident of being "stalked."

Its not my imagination! Even my mum notices the way people stare at me...youre obviously making up ur own conclusions.. and i still dont know who is putting a rose in my backyard.

Well u just ruined my question abt my post ! thanks

It wasn't my intention to ruin your post. You said you didn't get the answers you wanted so I wanted to know what it was you were looking for as it's helpful to know what exactly you're after. We don't always get what we're after. That's life.

It wasn't my intention to ruin your post. You said you didn't get the answers you wanted so I wanted to know what it was you were looking for as it's helpful to know what exactly you're after. We don't always get what we're after. That's life.

Yeah but now you made this whole post about what answers im looking for rather than answering my question on what to do when i get these random stares from people and how do i deal with it.

People look at other people everywhere. It happens all the time. People cross our line of vision and it happens by accident. However you are far too conscious of it and you are now expecting it and looking out for it. In that respect, you are looking and staring at them too. I suspect you are looking at people waiting for them to catch your eye to see if they are going to stare at you. Have you thought that may be wondering why you are looking at them? How do you know they are staring at you until you are out of sight? Someone must be looking at them too for you to know that so they may be wondering EXACTLY the same thing as you. You are worrying way too much and making a something out of nothing. Just relax. Stop looking out for it and you won't even notice it.

You don't get ill for no reason, you get ill because you have picked up an infection somehow ... its easily done ... a passing cough, a sneeze, whatever.

Capricorn is right, you aren't going to get any different answers from that which you have already received.

Yeah but now you made this whole post about what answers im looking for rather than answering my question on what to do when i get these random stares from people and how do i deal with it.

JaydedGirl, this is a public forum and as such you can't pick and choose which answers you want on your thread. Capricorn pointed out that you did in fact create the same thread twice. Instead of creating an identical thread in a different section you could have asked those members which replied to your original thread to maybe elaborate their answers or sent a message to a moderator to move your thread to a different section of the forum if applicable.

No one can tell you what to do as no one here knows you in real life, or why someone might be looking at you - this can also just be your imagination as we often think people are looking at us when in fact they are looking at something else.

On numerous occasions I was looking at point X while a friend walked past and I didn't notice them until they walked up to me, just because someone looks in your direction doesn't necessarily mean they are staring at you.

i think i know why your paranoid. because of the rose right?

Thats a good point ... do you think your unease could be related to the rose incident. Have you received any more roses recently? Maybe, in your subconscience, you are looking for any signs that may link you to the person who is leaving the roses.

Because there is nothing you can do. They have probably done nothing more than innocently look in your direction. There is nothing you can do other than look the other way and walk on, instead of trying to hold their stare and watch what they do, which I suspect is happening here.

answering my question on what to do when i get these random stares from people and how do i deal with it.

You do nothing because it is nothing. You are obviously looking/staring at all these same people who you say are looking at you, for you to notice them in the first place. They can be wondering the same thing about you - wondering what you are doing staring at them. It's nothing. People go to malls and look at others around them. Normal human behaviour. Ignore it.

i think i know why your paranoid. because of the rose right?if it is because of that. is it usualy the same people looking at you or some one random?

Well it could be anyone thats placing theses roses in my backyard, but thats trespassing and if i find out who it is they wont be able to see again...

Random people stare at me mostly elderly people and married men also their wives..its really annoying. Its like happens to me all the time even when im sitting in the car and i always get negative vibes from these people coz when i look back at them, they do not smile,they just have a plain envy look on their faces..

I disagree with you. First of all ,my mum notice how people stare at me so its not like im staring at that person waiting for them to look at me. Secondly from the corner of my eye i can see when someone is looking at me,you dont have to look at them. My sister and brother also notice the way people stare at me,its like wherever i go i get these weird stares and its not like im wearing coke cans on my head like lady gaga lol

I just wanted to know what to do in this kind of situation, it never used to bother me when people used to look at me but now it seems to be happening more and more. Its like people look at me in my face. And you know when someone is staring at you and not past you,its not hard to tell..even when a friend points out that someone is staring at me..

Archived