Am i the only person that hates when people stare?

Jaydedgirl

This. It seems as though the point of this thread is to entice a "well... you get stared at because you're pretty!!".

I think you seriously need to assess your own opinion of yourself and not rely on others to tell you you're attractive. Furthermore, to realise that looks don't mean a great deal.

Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking this post was about as well... considering from the bit when you were saying there isn't anything special about you, but clearly you are pretty.

Especially with this quote:

Hmm yeah but i didnt get the answers i was looking for so posted it here

There isn't a lot you can do to stop people staring though. People stare at me too, but my friends get this a lot as well. I think it's just a normal everyday occurrence to be honest.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You need to stop desperately fishing for compliments on this site.

If it really bothered you, you wouldn't post a picture of your "attractiveness" for us to understand the staring, because really it does nothing to complement the point you're trying to make. This and that stalker thread are painting the picture of you being kind of desperate.

I am not looking for compliments!! Obviously I want advice on what to do about the situation,im not desperate for any kind of attention so please do not comment on my post if youre gonna be hating! I had to post a picture to show that im pretty normal to be stared at.

This. It seems as though the point of this thread is to entice a "well... you get stared at because you're pretty!!".

I think you seriously need to assess your own opinion of yourself and not rely on others to tell you you're attractive. Furthermore, to realise that looks don't mean a great deal.

God you people are missing the point here! I dont need anyone to tell me whether i look attractive or not so please dont judge me

Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking this post was about as well... considering from the bit when you were saying there isn't anything special about you, but clearly you are pretty.

Especially with this quote:

There isn't a lot you can do to stop people staring though. People stare at me too, but my friends get this a lot as well. I think it's just a normal everyday occurrence to be honest.

I was looking for answers on what to do when people stare not on how i look!!

The thing is Jaydedgirl you have been given tonnes and tonnes of advice .... on this thread and the exact same thread you posted elsewhere. You even admitted you reposted the thread because you didn't get the answers that you were looking for. However the advice is, and will continue to be, the same. It happens, its normal, don't take it personally and carry on your way. It is human nature to observe what is around us and that includes other people. There is nothing you can do about it because I doubt very much that the people looking at you are doing so with any intent whatsoever.

However, you have continuously disagreed or brushed aside what everyone has said, even gettig quite upset when the focus on this thread was being taken away from its purpose. I'm not sure what answers you are looking for and when you read this thread from start to finish, it is easy to see why people are now coming to the conclusion that you are fishing for compliments.

What turned this thread into a bit of a joke to me was this .......

Its like ur avatar..thats the stare i get..

Going by the avatar in question, it is like you are saying their eyes literally pop out of their heads. Honestly, if you aren't fishing for compliments then I'm perplexed at what you are hoping to hear that you haven't already heard.

You have had answers and there isn't much else that anyone can add.

I'm really sorry you feel that way Jaydedgirl. Maybe you really are after genuine advice on how to deal with it, but it is hard to take seriously when you say this .....

Random people stare at me mostly elderly people and married men also their wives..........Its like happens to me all the time ...... they just have a plain envy look on their faces..

I could be barking up the completely wrong tree here but I think you have made up your mind why people are looking at and you are looking for confirmation of that.

I do agree. Plus, you could have made clear what kind of advice you wanted. I would say I just wanted to know how to work around it instead, wanting advice that'd help me to ignore them. You didn't clarify, you were vague, trying to draw it on. And honestly, if a person truly was self-conscious but not wanting compliment, they wouldn't "defend" on each post, customizing your rebuttal to that. I would made a statement to all in just one post because it's simple and straight forward. It seems you want to defend yourself. Again, there is a small chance that "I could be barking up the wrong tree" as well but I highly doubt it. But hey, now you have actual clarification of what to do, how to deal with it, then you got what you need. No more is needed to be said.

Archived