your ex isn't that great

thagator

Thank you for this. It has been hard to just breeze through a healing period especially when you saw a future with someone. I hold a lot of anger still about it. I'm also just now 31 and if I am to safely have kids before I'm 40, that's 9 years and a very small window of hope. I think perhaps all I'm meant to do is finish school and get a career but not much other than that.

Those don't sound like the words of a lady ninja to me! Stop selling yourself short and don't let that jerk beat you down.

Thank you for this. It has been hard to just breeze through a healing period especially when you saw a future with someone. I hold a lot of anger still about it. I'm also just now 31 and if I am to safely have kids before I'm 40, that's 9 years and a very small window of hope. I think perhaps all I'm meant to do is finish school and get a career but not much other than that.

My mom gave birth to my little sister at age 37 and she's fine. Keep your head up, you obviously deserve so much better than some creep who would go behind your back like that. He's not a man. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve. Good guys do exist, although it may not seem like it at times.

Those don't sound like the words of a lady ninja to me! Stop selling yourself short and don't let that jerk beat you down.

Sorry you're right, and thanks. I'm still learning to pick my self esteem back up I guess. Ninjas are tough physically but not mentally...

The cold girl who never showed you the love you showed her? Why do you want to go back to the girl who cheated? Why do you want to go back to the girl who you constantly did special things for, she hardly showed any happiness for it, but then when you did the littlest thing it was put under a microscope and you got the silent treatment for days which made you feel like the world's biggest jerk(my ex)?

You just described my ex in a nutshell. * * * * that hits home man. Nicely said. Nice to see this happens to a lot of people.

Ps. I wanna go down south and try some gator

You just described my ex in a nutshell. * * * * that hits home man. Nicely said. Nice to see this happens to a lot of people.

Ps. I wanna go down south and try some gator

Gator is delicious, if you don't mind the rough texture. You don't need to go south to try it, I can get it here in Chicago at certain places.

Lost and May, you are both correct. During a relationship you have a totally different view on your ex, if you love them it seems like they are perfect and do nothing wrong. Fresh after the break up, this holds true because you still love them. You can't stop loving them after one day, or one week, if ever. However, it takes time for you to really be objective and take off those "love goggles" and look at your ex as they really are, which usually is not as great as you thought they were. You might always still love them, but after a good amount of time and healing you might just love them as a person, but not love them in a romantic way. Make sense?

Lost and May, you are both correct. During a relationship you have a totally different view on your ex, if you love them it seems like they are perfect and do nothing wrong. Fresh after the break up, this holds true because you still love them. You can't stop loving them after one day, or one week, if ever. However, it takes time for you to really be objective and take off those "love goggles" and look at your ex as they really are, which usually is not as great as you thought they were. You might always still love them, but after a good amount of time and healing you might just love them as a person, but not love them in a romantic way. Make sense?

Perfect sense. You've gotten pretty far with your healing. I rememeber your first post! Keep strong

Good thread and very true. Realistically, I know I am much better off without my ex in my life and have nothing but upside from here. Only problem is the wound is still somewhat fresh. I know that I am too good for my ex and so does everyone else who knows us, yet for some stupid reason, part of me would take her back if she came back right now. For me it's all about having lost my self-esteem and I'm working hard to regain it. With time I know I'll be back in the saddle and I'll be saying, "Ex who?"

Yeah, I've really liked being on here today as it is my ex's bday today.....that took me back a few steps in the healing process, everyone here seems great and supportive. I feel like I can't vent to my friends anymore because people can only say so much therefore anyone listening can only hear it so many times. I literally got told yesterday by a friend that she knows I'm hurting and welcome to vent but I haven't told her anything new in a while and therfore here I am in a forum meant to make you feel not alone.

Archived