QUESTION to those who got back together with their ex ....

Destiny2112

I'm just wondering...

For those of you, who ever got their ex back, how could you trust them again? Weren't you constantly scared in the back of your mind, that they could dump you again, since they let you down already once and you hadn't seen the break up coming at all? Were you able to be the "real you" or did you try your best to "please" your ex in order to avoid another break up? I suppose it must be very difficult to fully rebuild the trust again... Or were you even happier than the first time around?

I'd be glad to hear your experiences/ thoughts on this!

Yes, I got back with my ex 4 times. She was the dumper each time. We never managed to recover from our previous break ups because she always left me for someone else. As such, I had NO trust in her whatsoever. She couldnt handle my insecurities and walked out of my life for good.

People sit and want their ex's to come back to them. I dont understand why. The relationship isnt always the same when they return. Sometimes, thats for the good, but most of the time, its not.

Anybody that you're dating can leave it is your ex or a new person.

Getting back together is tricky: you just have to make sure that the problems that caused you to break up are gone/resolved and that trust can be reestablished over time. These both may take some time, but if both people are committed to making the relationship work, then it will.

My boyfriend dumped me quite often when we started dating. I have to admit, I was fairly smitten to the point that even though it happened embarrassingly often, I didn't get upset, I just got very very sad until he called me again the next day. I don't worry that he'll break up with me ever again, because the last time he got me back he went through some pretty extraordinary humiliating and embarrassing lengths to do so, and he hasn't broken up since.

It really does depend on the issues. I have known people who have broken up and gotten back together. They worked on it, and they are happy now with no end in sight. The results may not be typical and sometimes the issues are too much.

Archived