Do woman think about guys as much as we think of them?

fitforlife

I posted this in another forum but didn't get many replies so I was hoping to post here.

I personally believe girls don't think about guys they like as much as we think about them, though I could be wrong.

I would like to get some female input on this subject. I recently have been dating someone and have been finding myself thinking about her quite often. I guess I do like her, and I am having positive thoughts about her, and where this could be headed (a relationship).

My question is - if a girl likes a guy, does she think the same of him in the same manner? Meaning, if she likes me, do you believe she is thinking about me at times, and having similar thoughts? Though I know no one can speak for her, I would like individual opinions of you and if you can relate to this.

Yes, they do. Though men and women are different in some ways, there are always commonalities as human beings. Crushing on someone and thinking or daydreaming about them is something that both sexes do.

Unless you'd like to set up a controlled research study, quantifying whether the amount of daydreaming is the same is impossible to do and will surely vary among individuals.

Rest assured that if a girl likes you, she is thinking about you.

I think girls wonder the same thing about guys actually lol. Maybe just because guys (Not all but most) try to come off cool and collected. They don't necessarily wear their emotions on their sleeve like females. It's a bit surprising that a guy is asking this question, because I always thought girls were assumed to be the ones who fall hard, get swept up in emotions etc. Again, just the perception that is in place. I would say yes to your question. If a girl is interested, she is definitely thinking about the guy. When I like a guy it actually really consumes most of my thoughts. If she texts you or calls you chances are it's not 'just because' - it's because your on her mind.

Interesting question!

Yes we do. From what I've heard from males they don't think about us close to what we think about them. Being a crush, in a relationship and if they dump us it's worse, they either never think of us and if they do it's very far and few moments.

I would not expect a question like this from a man. It is quite surprise for me in a good way . As a female, I do think about the man I like. Actually I think about him so often that I feel little too crazy. He is my first thought in the morning and last when I am going to sleep. That's just the way it is. But I assume he does not do that, at leas not that often and why? Because he is the man

Yeah it's strange! I'm a guy and I have been dating this girl a few times now. About five dates total. Well after this last one I kissed her and have not stopped thinking about her. Like literally non-stop! The worst was the day after. I was sitting at home thinking how much she was "the one" for me. Everytime something bad happens, I think of her. Everytime I workout, I think of her.

I am just wondering if girls think likewise. I just imagined we would go on dates, and I would never cross her mind after. Judging from this thread that may not be the case. I knew something was up because when we go out she's always smiling, being all nervous and shy and very cute. Hey I like that, that's attractive to me!!

Wow.. this thread is kind of an eye-opener for me because I thought girls were the ones who would think a lot about guys they like.... When I like a guy, I think about him nonstop... I have to force myself to focus on my studies, otherwise I'd get no work done....

For those that have to focus so much on their studies, do you "ignore" your guy so he doesn't "consume all your thoughts", just so you can concentrate?

I think whoever goes to forums like this obviously has relationships on the mind. x) the more you read and post about love, the more you'll think about it! and the more you think about love, the more you want to read and post about it. 'vicious' cycle, haha.

• 2 weeks later...
I think girls wonder the same thing about guys actually lol. Maybe just because guys (Not all but most) try to come off cool and collected. They don't necessarily wear their emotions on their sleeve like females. It's a bit surprising that a guy is asking this question, because I always thought girls were assumed to be the ones who fall hard, get swept up in emotions etc. Again, just the perception that is in place. I would say yes to your question. If a girl is interested, she is definitely thinking about the guy. When I like a guy it actually really consumes most of my thoughts. If she texts you or calls you chances are it's not 'just because' - it's because your on her mind.

Interesting question!

I fully agree with the whole of this response also found it a surprise reading this post from a guy, because of perceptions in place, as Robin says.

I'm a guy and have been broken up for 4 months, she is still constantly on my mind daily. The truth is that some of us guys want to be strong and come off as things like this don't matter. They really do matter, we(some of us) love just as hard and with the same depth of emotional attachments. She has someone new in her life now so I don't have any contact with her. Being the dumpee is a huge blow that takes a lot of work to focus on moving on, I'm not there yet and have no idea when that will happen, but I am self aware that I need to, my heart just doesn't want to stop yearning for her, it sucks.

I actually had to re-read this thread because I wasn't expecting it to say "do women think about guys", because I'd always thought that was just an obvious fact, and that girls are the ones always having to ask if guys ever think about them. With everything in life it depends on the person, but in general I believe if a girl likes a guy they're rarely not thinking about them. That's how it is for me, anyway, and my girl friends. This is actually really surprising in a refreshing way to hear that at least some guys wonder the same thing I always do. But yes. There's no way a girl goes home from a date with a guy she's into and leaves the guy there, not thinking about him afterwards.

I think about the guy I like all the time, and it's been like that with past crushes. I think about him before I fall asleep, and he is usually the first one on my mind when I wake up. It's annoying because I know I can never have him, so I am trying so hard to get over him but my mind always goes back to him. I am around him six days a week the majority of the time, and sometimes I think there are times he likes me back. Just from the way he acts around me. I hate how he is a co-worker, otherwise I'd just make my move.

I'm glad to find this thread though. It's nice knowing guys think about girls just as much.

Archived