Bigger shoulders/arms

Hey, I've always been quite a skinny guy and I thought by this age (16) I may have become more muscular. But, I haven't...so I've decided to start working out to try and build up my shoulders, arms and stomach. Dose anyone know where I can find information on a workout I could try without any special equipment? I don't have much free time so it would be useful if I could workout from my home. Are there any special diets that would encourage growth etc?

Thanks

Hey...I was in the same boat at age 16. Try hitting the local bookstore for physical fitness programs. Great overall programs are used by the US Army, and many exercises don't require machines/equipment.

Unfortunately, unless you can find some way to produce a weighted resistance, you'll be doing lots of toning. But then, toning isn't such a bad thing.

To put on muscle, try finding a really good muscle-builder supplement as well as increasing your protein/carbo intake. And as always- see a physician.

...supplement, man...i didn't say to start taking steroids. remember, supplements are just that- supplements. they'll help you reach a goal, not do all the work for you.

the cytogain i'm using now, per serving:

600-900cals (depending on if you mix with water or milk)

56grams of protein

...i forgot the carbs count.

anyways, supplements (well, muscle-builder ones) won't make you huge. keep in mind that most body-builders spend 3+ hours in the gym a day, have a special diet, and take more than 2 supplements.

One has to be happy with what one has!

I'm 14, 15 next month, Aug 26, but I'm not far off fully grown. I'm a skinny little twerp! And I eat like God knows what!

Just try that! Eat yer greens! Protein! Eggs! Curries! Keep everything balanced (ok, maybe not too many curries) exercise as normal, and you will reach the shape your body is designed to be!

firs, if your skinny and want to gain muscle you need to eat a lot...eat a lot of protein, and drink like a 2 gallons of milk a week, eat a lot of tuna, penutbutter, penuts, meat.

Gain about 5 pounds...

then start hitting the weights, and after like a month of weight lifting start to keep back, don't eat much fat not more, instead start doing some cardio, and still eat protein with low fat food, then at the same time keep up the weight lifting, and trust me you will like the results. And supplements do help, they are not steroids, but I recommend to only take then if you are fully mature, I mean around the age of 17+

they cost about 10-15 dollars. Good luck.

but I recommend to only take then if you are fully mature, I mean around the age of 17+

Why is it wrong to take supplements at age 16? I mean I started taking them now (at age 16). Are they harmful in any way? I have taken them a couple of times, though, not every day. Will it harm me in any way? Do they stunt your growth (yeah, I mean both types of growths, lol)?

I can't believe noone brought this up! Eat right, (high protien foods, low fat, right amount of carbs) and do basic lifts. You don't need weights or to go to a gym. Do sit ups one night and push ups the next. By doing this you allow the muscle that has broken down during the workout to heal before it is broken down again. When it heals it heals back stronger than when first broken (just like bones). Work out each time till you are exhausted, not till death, but you'll know, there is no way you could do one more push up continue this for not too long and you will see results.

focus on meat, red meat and chicken both have alot of protein. beans are good too for protein.. along with drinking lots of milk.. during meals that is.. not good for work outs, you should drink some type of sports drink. water is good for you but when you buning up cal. you need to get back electro-lyhtes. also to get bigger use more wieght, find your max and do 10% less.. it helps because when you lift you are really ripping tiny "noodle" like strands and they heal back like a scar.. a scar is always thicker and tougher than the skin there before.. this is how it is with muscle.. so the more you rip (with out hurting your self! deff. becarefull of to much wieght) the bigger you muscles will get. again sorry for my spelling, if i typo anything.

lew

It is possible to achieve your goal if you keep one thing in mind: it will take time. If you don't keep that in mind, you will lose hope, get frustrated and give up.

Ok, push-ups will definitely help. You have to work your way up to being able to do a lot, but that is where patience and dedication comes in hand.

Another excellent idea: swimming. Ever look at swimmers' bodies? They have wide shoulders, and broad chests. It took them time to develop these bodies, but it works.

Patience, patience, and dedication. It'll get you there.