Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver's Seat

Seraphim

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uh oh, what's wrong now?

Oh just little R's testing appointment conflicts with his co-op. And they are incredibly anal about Co Op. But his diagnosis is much more important than Co Op. Co Op won't mean squat to his life six months from now but this diagnosis will. And he explained his need for that day off in a way the teacher won't understand. I am just frustrated because I need more methods to teach him life skills which I'm hoping to get soon. I am a really good ,excellent communicator ,however my husband and my son are not and sometimes it makes me aggravated.

I don't know sometimes I kind of like a little bit of time alone too. I like the bit of mother and son time alone. He spent so much time away when my son was little we just kind of became a unit. So it is nice sometimes for just me and him to do things. I wanted to go on a boat cruise with him of the Thousand Islands just him and I. And as much as I love my husband I would miss him sometimes I just appreciate the cleaner house. He's easiest the messiest person in the whole house. He's three times messier than the two of us.

Yeah I was surprised about that conversation with my dad. But I will take it. And I haven't talk to him in a few months so....

Tonight I read to my mom the questionnaires that I had to answer for my son's assessment. My husband ,myself and my mother answered identically all three of us to the same questions. So I'm pretty positive what I put down are the right answers. Then a teacher has to fill out a questionnaire and my son has to fill out three self-awareness questionnaires. Then the psychiatrist will take the questionnaires, the history profile, and the intellectual and academic testing and make an assessment and diagnosis.My husband is working that day so the children's mental health worker from the base is coming with me. She is our support for the assessment process. She is also the leader of our ASD support group.

When R came home from his day surgery he called his parents to say he was fine. His mother gets on the phone to talk to me and says, "oh thank you for looking after him for me." When he was on the phone I could hear her ask if I had looked after him. Lol. Yes of course lady I looked after him just for you. Of course I didn't look after him because he's my husband ,I love him ,I wanted to do it and I like looking after people and he's my son's father those couldn't be reasons could they? Lol.

Another day of conflicting schedules. R is on nights . Little R goes to his social group from 11 to 2. I have to be at choir practice at three, church at 4:30. I have to take little R with me to choir practice because R is on nights won't be able to drive him to church. I have to have supper ready for five ,Church is at five and I won't be home until six and R leaves at 6. So I have to make supper now and he'll have to reheat it and then we will have to reheat it again when we get home. And they wanted me to work today too well, no.

If the supper thing is an inconvenience, why don't you ask big R to grab dinner for himself, or you guys grab dinner out. That way you don't have to be so stressed. On the nights I work late, I will grab dinner on the way home so I don't have to cook.

I don't know if he go along with that because he would have to get up early. He gets up at 4:30 and he leaves for work at 5:45. And he has to shower and dress and all that stuff.

My mother just called me and next week she wants me to come down for two days and babysit the kids. Apparently her brother rented a cottage six months ago and wants the entire family to go. All his kids ,his grandkids , great grand kid and my mom. I said I didn't know because I have to know what shift R is on ,what little R is doing with the concert band and if I work or not. And my grocery order comes in on the 17th. And Shay might still need post surgery medication. And then she says ,well if you have to work and you tell them no? Can R handle the rest of it? Waaa?! And can you tell me right now because my brother is having a conniption crap. I told him six months ago that I made arrangements and then I forgot.

Okay this got to be my problem when?

Archived