How long did it take you to say 'I love you' or for them to say it?

In my last relationship (and first (and only)) I told her I loved her about a month in. It took her some more time to say it back (and probably even more to mean it). Granted, we pretty much saw each other every second of every day we could from the first date on and were joined at the hip.

I still stand by that statement. Maybe it wasn't the "I love you because you've proven to be a good mate for 6 months" I love you, but I did feel love. I feel love fairly easily. I realize now though that people think that's very weird and unattractive. So this next time around (god willing) I'm going to feel however I feel, but I won't say anything for months and months.

I'm currently struggling with this. We've been together for five months and I'm really on the verge of saying it but I just can't pull the trigger. I guess I'm scared. We're both in our first relationship and I really do feel it, but I guess I'm scared I won't hear it back, even though I have no reason to believe I wouldn't.

I told my now girlfriend that I was in love with her around the 3rd week of dating....but we had also been spending A LOT of time together during those three weeks (i.e. 3-4 nights a week).

I thought about whether or not I was really in love with her before I uttered the words. I will admit that I was sure that I was merely infatuated with her however, I cant put my finger on when I had the revelation, but I had it and knew that I was genuinely in love with her.

When you come to realize you love someone, its silly to hold those words in and wait for them to say it, or wait for the perfect time.

I'm gonna chime in here,

Me and my gf have been dating for 5 years, and neither of us has said it. Few months ago I asked her if she loved me, she replied when your ready to say it, then if I feel the same way I will say it too. * * * ? Why do I hafto be the one to say it first?? So still neither of us has said it, guess were both cowards, eventhough we are inseparable. I guess were both stubborn and afraid of being hurt. I just want her to say it first!

• 2 weeks later...

I am very weary of the word. I don't like to see others throw it around so easily, so I am careful of when I say it myself. My current bf of 2 years waited for 1 year to say it to me and I responded the same. However, it was very rewarding because I felt like he meant it and it was based on knowing me and seeing my ups and downs over the course of some time and not just wearing the rose-tinted 'new flame' glasses.

However, well before then he would often spout out about how great I was and how happy he was with me, so I was pretty sure of how he felt before then.

Archived