pageant girls vs. a girl like me

speak

Today, I was at this convention where women get together and people are there to do your makeup and hair, have fashion shows, sale cooking appliances. Anything a lady is interested in - was there. So, I was getting my hair straightened out and all of a sudden the guy that conducts the show brought over these pageant girls. Really pretty/gorgeous smiles. He told the girl that was doing my hair that she would be doing theirs after me. And, they stood in front of me and I just thought - "I don't look like them. Not everything about me is at all gorgeous nor am I perfectly put together all the time. But, I usually always feel amazing and beautiful. My own being."

And so then it shook me, "What are men more into? A girl like me. Comfortable in her own or some pageant queen that gets all the attention everywhere?" Is it really how you feel over how you look? Or How you look over how you feel?

Which men are you talking about? the ones who dream about nailing angie jolie, or the men who dream about going home and nailing their wife? they are not all one and the same...

Those girls may have a tone of affection, but it rarely goes skin deep - and the same can be said about their hearts, haveing grown used to men serving them up everything on a silver platter.

You stay who you are, you'll find one many who DOES appreciate you - which is always better than a million, because it's pretty hard to sleep with a million men each night...and if you did, you'd always wonder if you got the BEST pick out of that million!!

Which men are you talking about? the ones who dream about nailing angie jolie, or the men who dream about going home and nailing their wife? they are not all one and the same...

Those girls may have a tone of affection, but it rarely goes skin deep - and the same can be said about their hearts, haveing grown used to men serving them up everything on a silver platter.

You stay who you are, you'll find one many who DOES appreciate you - which is always better than a million, because it's pretty hard to sleep with a million men each night...and if you did, you'd always wonder if you got the BEST pick out of that million!!

Exactly. And for the record, Angelina Jolie is brutal looking...I cannot find her sexy in any way. I would take Tina Fey over her with no hesitation, scar on her face and all. Not all guys think alike, OP.

If you put as much effort into a specific way of doing your nails, hair, makeup, and dress, you could have that look too. Do you want that look?

NO. which is part of my post. I love who I an and how I feel about myself. Just didn't know what men preferred more. Confidence vs. Looks

It's like, I'm overweight but I love my body and who I am.

NO. which is part of my post. I love who I an and how I feel about myself. Just didn't know what men preferred more. Confidence vs. Looks

You'll exhaust yourself and create unhappiness leading your life the way men want you to. If you're happy with who you are, someone else will be happy with it too. A little masscara never hurt anyone if you're having a hard time finding dates, but you shouldn't try to fit a mold.

Well, I think all men really care about most, in the long run, is performance. We all dream about high-end sports cars and luxury cars and luxury sports cars, but we're honest with ourselves - most of us can't even afford the insurance necessary to drive those cars of the lot. Yes, it would be nice to go from zero to sexty in 5.4 seconds, but it doesn't take a Viper to suck down a golf ball...ummm... And besides, when you have the hottest car in the parking lot, you become the target of every wannabe criminal the world over. Have a hot model? You can be guaranteed others will covet it, take it, test drive it when you're not looking, or even just caress it while its sitting in the parking lot.

You go to the DMV to register your beauty and suddenly you discover they charge registration fees based upon how much your car sells for new. And she HAS to have her memberships! Naturally, you cough up the extra money for the vanity plates. Nothing says "I Love You" more than a plate that commemorates that place in life where you met her, like a University plate, or a Raiders plate, or a “I love PETA” plate, which costs an extra $50 bucks a year. Ugh...

But as if social pressure is not enough, a gorgeous car requires certain amenities. If you leave it out in the sun and the rain and the hail, it will look like an average car in no time - or at least, like a beater car in no time. And then you'll be the man who has a heartbreaker in his front yard. No, you have to have a large heated garage, with plenty of space all around inside, and nothing else in that garage except that car! And it has to be CLEAN!!!

Now you might get to drive the car, now and then, but after all that time and effort, and knowing how easily she could be taken from you if you were to simply drive down the block and make a wrong turn [or more like, someone else makes a wrong turn because they get distracted by your exotic empress, and in this realm a 1972 Volkswagen beetle with 500 lbs of rust and chipped paint is equal in all regards when it comes to fender-bender heart wrenching potential!] so while the drive is nice, it's not very practical. And then she gets 5 miles down the road and she sighs, "I'm HUNGRY!" You take her to the nearest filling station and you're looking at not good food, but GOURMET food. Don't even Think of looking at that "economy" food, she won't like it!!!

In the end, there's nothing bad about a little Honda Civic who gets 30 MPG in the city. Because face it, it goes from zero to sexty too, without any issue. it may not be as quick, but it's pleasurable for far longer because you don't have to think so hard about all these little insecurities a high prized model might press into one.

Humility is a very valuable quality in a man. It means he knows his place. And most of us know the best woman for us is not the one that necessary looks best though she's irresistible just looking like she does, but rather one that looks good doing what she does best. Yes, we'll notice dents and bondo and blistered paint, but if the heart doesn't run, it's not going to work out in the long run!

You'll exhaust yourself and create unhappiness leading your life the way men want you to. If you're happy with who you are, someone else will be happy with it too. A little masscara never hurt anyone if you're having a hard time finding dates, but you shouldn't try to fit a mold.

Makeup is an art of making blemishes disappear, otherwise we wouldn't do it. Nobody has to do it, but those who do it well are rarely ever unappreciated. The real test of a man is how he feels about you without your face - but that's no reason to not use it!!! If you got it, how better to make your man feel like he's special? ;P

That was the best sports car analogy I've ever read.

lol, agreed.

and yes, you would look like a pagent girl as well if you spend 20 hours getting your hair, nails, tan and makeup done.

like previous poster said, they turn a lot of heads, but i don't think a lot of guys would be interested in the practicality of dating such a woman - or what she might look like without the hair and makeup

Lol the car analogy always makes me laugh.

Just the ways it can be perceived.

I personally like done up old muscle cars.

Doesn't mean I like elderly women in lingerie, with a gruff voice who drink like a horse and release a lot of gas which is really bad for the environment.

I personally like my car, she is reasonably cheap, she is sexy, it makes other guys turn their heads when I drive past, goes for it and most the time she's pretty dirty!

Archived