My pubes seem to be falling out. :(

Fudgie

Well, this has been going on for a while but I REALLY noticed it today.

I went to the gym and before working out, I went to use the toilet. When I wiped, SEVERAL pubic hairs came out. Wow...I've been losing some lately and it was just today, after I got home, that I "inspected" and it's really getting thin. Especially around the edges and toward the middle. Like, my "edges" are now more bare but not irritated. But the hair is gone.

I used to have a fuller "bush" but I stared to "thin out" when I was 19 or so for some reason. Now it's thinning out again, noticeably too. I am finding hairs in my underwear and after using the toilet. Now I'm kind of worried because i can SEE it thinning out.

I've had no changes in my hygiene routine or even product usage. No changes in medication or whatnot. I have not trimmed my bush in months because, well, I didn't need to. Now it looks like it's trimming itself.

*cries*

My boyfriend is like "not good! not good!" because he likes my little bush. I'm really sad too.

Has anyone had this issue or know what this means? My mom went through something similar...but she had it when she went through menopause.

BTW, the irony does not escape me. I've been active in the "girls shaving" thread as I don't like to shave and now look what's happening! If there's a god, he's probably laughing right now.

I haven't been to the doctor yet. I haven't actually seen my PCP in a while because she disagrees with my medicine regimine because "girls my age shouldn't be on BC pills because that makes them promiscuous." Heh.

I know it's not an endocrine problem (adrenal, thyroid etc) because I had a lot of blood work done recently for surgery prep and they had to test all hormone levels and I was normal except for androgens/estrogen/testosterone (which is a part of my hormone problem). But no problems elsewhere...

I am thinking now it may be stress or a hormone imbalance (which is pretty commonplace for me). *sigh*

At least you won't have to shave anymore............. sorry I know bad joke.

On my case, some usually fall out, but that's normal you know? Kinda like hair. Because there is friction on that area from clothes etc, some do fall out. At least for me, some do usually fall if I pull on them or w/e. Or even taking a shower, never seen pubes on the soap?.. But if its a lot.. then yeah, maybe go see a doctor..

Yeah it's not...unless I'm going through early menopause...haha. Yeah, that's not it, not at my age.

I think in the morning I will talk to either my mom or my dad. I haven't seen my PCP in ages since I started the pill and she wouldn't write the script citing her "religious belief that woman my age shouldn't be on it". Whatever. It's not like she was a very good doctor to me and that made me mad so I left and I have a gyno but no PCP yet. Gah.

I will ask either parent in the morning and see what they think. But yeah, it shouldn't be coming out. And I really don't want it to.

At least you won't have to shave anymore............. sorry I know bad joke.

On my case, some usually fall out, but that's normal you know? Kinda like hair. Because there is friction on that area from clothes etc, some do fall out. At least for me, some do usually fall if I pull on them or w/e. Or even taking a shower, never seen pubes on the soap?.. But if its a lot.. then yeah, maybe go see a doctor..

LOL yeah funny. I don't even shave...

I swear, I'm one of the few women my age who doesn't shave and what happens? My pubic hair starts falling out. I'm sad, boyfriend's sad...ahhhh

I had an experience with my ex when I was 18 that reminds me of this now. We were doing things and I took off my pants and underwear and he said "HEY! You trimmed!!" and I didn't...I honestly didn't. It just got thin around the edges. Now it's getting even more bare...around edges and such. Normally I have a little hair on the sides of my mons (top) that touches my thighs....now it's gone!!

I'm worried about going to the bathroom now and then I'll wipe and off more will come.

Given that I have PCOS and problems with my testosterone levels and all that jazz, probably.

I had stopped BC pills for a 2 week period last month to see how I'd do without them (I need to go off of them for surgery, unfortunately). I have been back on them since though. I love my BC pills. Perhaps this hiatus, however brief, may have caused this...I really don't know.

My parents are asleep now but I will ask them tomorrow for sure. I am still losing hair but it has slowed down a bit, but still, the recent bare spots are there.

Archived