What are you doing with your partner for Christmas Eve/Christmas Day?

miie

What are you doing with your partner for Christmas Eve/Christmas Day?

I've been with mine for nearly 2 years and it'll be a 2nd christmas together. The first we didn't really do much for it as we were away in another country. I kind of thought there would be more ..... seeing each other i guess during this time! Maybe i have high or different expectations.

He doesn't want to do anything Christmas Eve apart to relax but has not invited or asked to see me. I have asked for a few things for us to do, all which he says no. Christmas day, he said he might come over for an hour and then go home for Christmas Lunch. There was no mentioned of anything else happening. I asked a over a month ago about Christmas plans and he just went 'dunno'. We both have Christmas with our families who do most of the cooking/organising and is the same each year, so its not like he wouldn't have known what was going on.

Maybe its normal....... so im curious what others do with the partners on these days! He is my 1st partner so i haven't had xmas with a partner before.

Christmas eve we will probably open presents. He will be working on the 24th, and I already have projects I have to work on (although I don't have to go to the office gig)

Other than that we are doing absolutely nothing. But with me having a full time job and a second almost-full time job and him having a full time job with mandatory overtime, a day off with nothing to is a luxury.

Neither of us has anything to do with our respective families, so we don't have to deal with juggling their celebrations and the stress involved.

So, we're doing nothing and that's the way we like it.

He's working over Christmas. But he's staying with me and my parents tomorrow night. We're going to the pub with my parents tomorrow evening, having dinner and some drinks. Watching some Christmas TV. Then he has to be in work by 7 Christmas morning, finishes at 6. Then we're going to spend the evening together opening presents and we're going to make a simple Christmas dinner then proper Christmas lunch with my parents the day after.

Our second Christmas! I'm really excited

For Christmas eve, my boyfriend is coming over to my parents house with me, as my family hosts Christmas eve for my dad's side of the family. We'll open presents and spend the evening together. Then on Christmas day, he'll go with me to visit my mom's side of the family, as my uncle hosts a Christmas day get-together for that side of the family. We would have seen his family too, but they will be out of state this year at his sister's house, so we decided to visit his family after Christmas and spend time with them then. This is our first Christmas together, so I am really excited for it. I hadn't invited him along last year because we had only been together/dating for 2 months and I don't bring anyone to meet the family unless I've been with them for a while. I'm hoping this year goes really well!

My bf is an attorny and I work in his office when I can. We are both working Christmas Eve and then I will go out and finish my shopping. Christmas Day, we will probably spend an hour or so at the office and then have dinner and open presents. Marry an attorney and you have NO holidays at all!

Archived