Is Fingering and Giving/Receiving Hand Jobs considered Sex?

notgivingup

@Fudgie

So gay couples can't have sex according to you because no penis is going into any vagina? Interesting...

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention dildos and such. I wasn't thinking about homosexuals when I wrote my post.

If a gay couple (lesbians) use dildos or something else like that to simulate penetration, then I think it's sex.

I also consider "scissoring" to be sex because both of the people's genitals are rubbing against each other.

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention dildos and such. I wasn't thinking about homosexuals when I wrote my post.

If a gay couple (lesbians) use dildos or something else like that to simulate penetration, then I think it's sex.

I also consider "scissoring" to be sex because both of the people's genitals are rubbing against each other.

First of all, not all lesbians use dildos. Secondly, we do not 'simulate' anything - if we want penetration, we want penetration whether that's fingers, fist, toys, etc. Simulation implies we are trying to somehow copy/duplicate the 'real' thing. That's very heterosexist, although I know you didn't imply it that way (I've read enough of your posts to know you are never malicious and always come accross as caring).

To get back on topic.....I don't think there is one definition of what constitutes sex. Like most other things in life, this is not a black and white issue.

Yes you're right Kaytie...I shouldn't have used that word. Penetration can be done with anything...penis, toys, fingers, etc.

I myself have had sexual experiences with women when I was a teen but didn't consider it sex (but thought it was sexual contact though) because we didn't have penetration of any sort. There was some fingering but nothing intense. If we scissored or something more, then I would have felt differently about it. But that's just me.

You're right, it's not black/white.

Vaginal virginity is somehow important, so it's kind of become the definition of a female virgin. But if a woman has blown the football team, regularly gets off with her boyfriend, and has anal sex biweekly, I somehow think she should be turning in the virgin card.

I have to agree...at that point being a virgin doesn't mean anything anymore. I consider all sexual acts to be sex because that's what it is. Someone who wants to remain a virgin should be abstaining from all of it. That's my opinion.

Reminds me of the offensive xmas south park song...

"You can suck all the d______ you want and still be a virgin.......Mary!" It makes fun of all the stuff you can do but it's not "wrong" because you haven't actually had intercourse.

I truly don't understand how anyone can have tons of anal sex and still be considered a virgin. Geez it's the same thing as intercourse and it's just an inch away from the "sacred" orifice!

Sex: either of the two major forms of individuals that occur in many species and that are distinguished respectively as female or male especially on the basis of their reproductive organs and structures

Sex act: an act performed with another for sexual gratification

According to Merriam/Webster, all the above mentioned are considered sex

Sex: either of the two major forms of individuals that occur in many species and that are distinguished respectively as female or male especially on the basis of their reproductive organs and structures

Sex act: an act performed with another for sexual gratification

According to Merriam/Webster, all the above mentioned are considered sex

I have sex a lot more often than I thought.

Vaginal virginity is somehow important, so it's kind of become the definition of a female virgin. But if a woman has blown the football team, regularly gets off with her boyfriend, and has anal sex biweekly, I somehow think she should be turning in the virgin card.

I tend to look at it the opposite way. When someone says they are a virgin I don’t assume they are sexually inexperienced.

For me these two things are quite different.

I agree with your other post though. Any sexual act should be considered sex. When your doctor asks you if you’ve had sex recently he’s/she’s not just talking about intercourse.

I think the main thing is to be aware there is a real split in option over the definition of sex. I spent the first 31 years of my life having no idea that some people considered sex to only mean intercourse but now that I’m aware of this I just factor it into my conversations.

• 2 weeks later...

Sex = Sexual intercourse

The acts you mentioned are sexual = NOT sexual intercourse

Edit: WIKIPEDIA

Sexual intercourse, also known as copulation or coitus, commonly refers to the act in which the male reproductive organ enters the female reproductive tract.

I find it amusing oral sex can also be referred to as "oral intercourse".

It's not considered sex, but it's considered a sexual act.

Confused? So was Bill Clinton.

Oh come on.

If its sex when gay people do it, it's sex when straight people do it. Sex would be so much better if people payed more attention every sex act.

As for the wiki 'clarification', I must strongly disagree. Wikipedia is very smart to have a special article on human reproduction, but an article on sexual intercourse doesn't prove that non-reproductive sex isn't sex. Sexual intercourse and a whole host of other non-reproductive sex acts all fall under the umbrella of sex.

Saying "yes it's a sex act, but it isn't sex!" reminds me of those stupid annoying jokes like "No you only have eight fingers because two of them are THUMBS."

generaldiscord,

I see your point completely. I think the reason why people tend to say that it's not "sex" though is because of the virginity issue. When does one lose the V card? It's when they have sex. If you call something "sex", then to many people, you're saying that you're losing the V card when you do that particular thing. As most people take "sex" = intercourse.

generaldiscord,

I see your point completely. I think the reason why people tend to say that it's not "sex" though is because of the virginity issue. When does one lose the V card? It's when they have sex. If you call something "sex", then to many people, you're saying that you're losing the V card when you do that particular thing. As most people take "sex" = intercourse.

Yes, I understand I wrote something similar before. I think when you have a sexual act, you're having sex, by the definition of sex and sexual acts. So, if the V card is only handed in when you've had sexual intercourse, it follows that alot of virgins have had oral, manual, or anal sex. I guess there's a lot of sexually active virgins out there

Yes, I understand I wrote something similar before. I think when you have a sexual act, you're having sex, by the definition of sex and sexual acts. So, if the V card is only handed in when you've had sexual intercourse, it follows that alot of virgins have had oral, manual, or anal sex. I guess there's a lot of sexually active virgins out there

Sure thing. I agree with that.

Being a virgin doesn't necessarily mean being sexual inexperienced (as it was stated before). I agree with this. When I finally lost my V-card, well, I hadn't done anal but I had oral sex with 3 different boyfriends over the years, including the "69" position. I was quite good at it. I already felt "experienced" by the time I actually lost my virginity. For me, it wasn't this nervous, awkward event where I was confused.

Sure thing. I agree with that.

Being a virgin doesn't necessarily mean being sexual inexperienced (as it was stated before). I agree with this. When I finally lost my V-card, well, I hadn't done anal but I had oral sex with 3 different boyfriends over the years, including the "69" position. I was quite good at it. I already felt "experienced" by the time I actually lost my virginity. For me, it wasn't this nervous, awkward event where I was confused.

That sounds great, actually. You were a virgin who had sex before. It probably left you a lot less emotionally fragile!

Archived