Define a good girlfriend

heartovermind

So far this is what I've gathered from men I know (in Australia).

A good girlfriend

Has a hot face with big boobs and tiny waist

Is tanned, but not orange

Is usually blonde shoulder length hair, can sometimes be brown

Has great skin

Serves beer to male friends whilst wearing a bikini and high heels

Has job as receptionist, check out assistant or something lower

Has a keen interest in motor sports and/or footy-ball

Has minor knowledge of mechanics and footy-ball rules

Owns her own car

Is able to drive like a rally car driver

Is able to ride (at the very least) a dirt bike

Will never initiate contact with her boyfriend

Will be cool when her boyfriend sleeps with other women

Id like to think i am a good girlfriend, i am very loyal and show respect, im trust worthy, i do alot of things for my man he doesnt live with me but spends alot of time at my place, i am always washing his clothes, cooking him food, i have started making his lunch for work cause he has been spending so much money on take away for work, i do alot for him. Yet he says i am the worst girfriend he has ever had, i dont get it at all, isnt a girlfriend meant to do all this for her man? This is my way of showing him i care for him.

No matter how compatible she is with him, or how 'good' for him, if she can't make him laugh and have stooopid fun with him and create with him their little thing, while also trusting him and giving him space, she's for him... Also.. no talking him or trying to convince him into anything... just step back and he will come on his own.. if he's a goof bf ;-)

Id like to think i am a good girlfriend, i am very loyal and show respect, im trust worthy, i do alot of things for my man he doesnt live with me but spends alot of time at my place, i am always washing his clothes, cooking him food, i have started making his lunch for work cause he has been spending so much money on take away for work, i do alot for him. Yet he says i am the worst girfriend he has ever had, i dont get it at all, isnt a girlfriend meant to do all this for her man? This is my way of showing him i care for him.

Next time if he says that, show his eyes to the door and tell him you'll do this for someone else.

It sounds as though you do a lot for him. Did you ask him why he feels that you're the worst girlfriend he's ever had? Surely there has to be other reasons behind it.

His ex of 3 years never did any of this for him, this is what he is use to eating take away all day every day, washing his own clothes, sitting at home playing his computer games. To me that is a bad girlfriend/ lazy girlfriend. I am a mother this is what i do anyway if his clothes are left on my bedroom floor i am going to pick them up an wash them, if he is here i am going to cook him dinner anyway, its no problem making his lunch for him, i enjoy doing all this for him. I actually love doing it. To me he has big issues not me, all my past relationships i have done this also its just how i show my man i care about him. But maybe he is just into fat lazy * * * * * es ?

Yaz - omg, your post is too funny...lolol

heartovermind:

you're making yourself waaaay too available for your boyfriend. Guys don't need too much help or convenience. You are his girlfriend not his maid or his mother. I have made similar mistakes once or twice and it just backfired, you can end up feeling very used. I cannot imagine though why he says you're the worst girflriend ever.

In general what is a good girlfriend is usually

someone nice (doesn't have to be toooo kind)

good enough looks

but above all

someone that trusts him and admires him but takes no crap from him.

Yaz - omg, your post is too funny...lolol

heartovermind:

you're making yourself waaaay too available for your boyfriend. Guys don't need too much help or convenience. You are his girlfriend not his maid or his mother. I have made similar mistakes once or twice and it just backfired, you can end up feeling very used. I cannot imagine though why he says you're the worst girflriend ever.

so in that case, do nothing. ;]

Tell him that his "maid" has resigned, and to not let the door hit him on his way out...

I am a mother this is what i do anyway if his clothes are left on my bedroom floor i am going to pick them up an wash them, if he is here i am going to cook him dinner anyway, its no problem making his lunch for him, i enjoy doing all this for him. I actually love doing it.

Yes, but you're not HIS mother.

Love doesn't last though - nothing lost!

Please..I'm laughing too much..I know, I shouldn't. Just laughing with the cynisism of it all.

It's those 2 that got me the most in your earlier post

-Is tanned, but not orange

-Has job as receptionist, check out assistant or something lower

A good girlfriend

Has great skin

Owns her own car

LMAO. That is hilarious.

My ideal gf would be kind, patient, supportive, have honesty/integrity, have a strong desire to please me, share some mutual interests (or at least have a desire to). Of course there would have to be a mutual attraction too.

BTW you sound like a great gf heartovermind.

I don't think it's fair to say a girlfriend who doesn't take care of her boyfriend like a mother or maid is a bad/lazy girlfriend, and I take personal offense to this notion. I don't do any of this for my boyfriends because I am a busy person and I work just as hard as they do, so why should I work my full time job and then come home and have to mother a grown man? I think it's more important to be loyal, trustworthy, and supportive, and be able to have fun and intelligent interaction with your boyfriend...a good girlfriend should not complete her boyfriend (i.e. do things for him which an adult can do for himself) but be a partner that he can lean on when he needs advice or emotional support every now and then. Sure I'll cook or clean occasionally, but my boyfriend should do the same. And nothing's wrong with take-out every now and then so we can both relax. It's terrible that your boyfriend says the things he does about you, but if you continue to take care of all his needs in spite of this without even confronting him about why he would say such things, maybe he doesn't respect you. With all due respect, there's a difference between a good girlfriend and a doormat.

A good girlfriend

Has great skin

Owns her own car

I think that's pretty insulting to Australian men and women who are far from what you have described. Seems like you're talking about what kind of girl a bogan wants.

Archived