Ok, I've had about enough. I have a friend who I have pretty much been inseperable with. I am not out to him, and he is not out to me, but our behavior around eachother is very suggestive, and there is a great deal of sexual tension between us.

If you havent figured out, I am deeply attracted to this guy, and he is someone I could truly see myself being with. The problem is that neither of us seem to have the courage to speak up.

I'm really scared that if I actually come out to him, that he will freak out and walk away from me. He is younger than me, and I know he doesnt have much relationship experience.

He stands firm saying hes straight and he hopes to get a girlfriend someday, yet he hugs me, practically cuddles with me sometimes, and nags at me like a boyfriend would

?!?!?!?! I dont even know what to ask...help?

I'm scared, I was "out" once, but after my mom died I went back in to everyone else Ive met, now im surrounded by people I love who im not out to, who would be devastated if they found out the truth. This kid was one of those people, and now I feel like I might love him, and that he might love me, i just wish something would happen that would push us together, make him see, ya know?

Hugging. . .ok maybe if you know each other well enough, but then again no, not really

Cuddling. . . No, not normal for stright guys to do.

Occasional kiss where? On the cheek or the lips. . . even so, no it isn't normal for stright guys to do that neither.

So, your friend is doing all that to you, or are you doing that to your friend?

But the main thing is the cuddling, while sitting on the couch, he will come and sit or lay down, leaning his back against me. We do this nearly every time he comes over and it seems totally normal. Often, I'll put my arm accross his chest so I dont have to stretch it out behind the couch.

hi - reading what you've wrote, it sounds like he is into you too - but is maybe too afraid, or even too unsure of his own sexuality to make a move. from what i know of straight men, i rarely see them cuddling! sometimes they will hug to say hello or congratulations, especially european men. but i don't ever see straight guys 'cuddling' on the couch together. i suspect he has a thing for you as well.

i see two possibilities - you can make a move - like hold his hand during the movie and see how he reacts. if he freaks out, you can just apologize and tell him you won't do it again.

or you can just flat out tell him you have a crush on him and see what he says.

i guess you can also continue to kind of dance around the topic - like maybe bring up some gay issue and see what he says - like gays in the military, that's been in the news a lot, and ask for his opinion on the subject.

though i have to say - if you are feeling the 'gay' vibe from him - i bet he is. good luck

Archived