I am going through the same thing right now, except I am female. It is really hard because I would rather keep things the way they are or move forward. I can't imagine my life without her. I don't want to. What about the next time act like there is a bit of tension in his back and massage him or something. Just don't move to fast because he is probably figuring himself out right now. If you guys are cuddling and stuff he is at least considering it. At the same time, I am confused in my situation so maybe my advice isn't the best. Maybe you could give me some advice too. My post is titled Confused.

As a parent of straight children, I saw plenty of times when they and their friends would be hanging out and watching TV, and laying all over each other, leaning on one another, etc. I think it's perfectly normal for kids to do that without being attracted to each other, just friendly.

And the age diff is enough that he may look at you as a big brother if not a parent figure.

I'd be careful interpreting his actions as anything other than platonic, and be careful that you don't make any moves that might freak him out and/or destroy the friendship between you.

To me the issue is less to do with if he is gay or not but his age, 18 is pretty young especially for a guy so I'm not sure how much you are expecting. There are some mature 18 year olds out there but this guy doesn't sound like he is one of them. It is hard to say what he is looking for, I guess it is possible he is looking for a father figure in you because you are so much older.

Archived