Kids or no kids?

Applewhite

Wow, but how, WHY did you suddenly change your mind and have not one but THREE kids????

Hahaha! Alcohol helped!

First was planned, second was considered and I got pregnant straight away. With the 3rd I'd just finished breastfeeding (trust me on this, it isn't a contraceptive whatever the books say!!!) and 'pow'. You have to consider that my ex would have sex about once a year so I must be pretty fertile

Oh and I had a hell of a lot of trouble with contraceptives, pills, injections, whatever, always had reactions and 'he' refused to wear a condom. Nice guy..not.

Sounds soppy but there are the best thing I've ever done. And I'm not waving the flag to make people have children! My best friend was the same, definitely didn't want any children. She married at 36 and had her baby at 38. Actually thinking about it, there are quite a lot of women from my class at school that don't have any through choice.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always wanted to have kids, kind of like most women want a new pair of shoe...

So while it was a goal in some far far distant future that I put no stock in whatsoever, I fell pregnant while I was in University.

I'm probably still one of the least maternal moms. I had an actual hatred for dolls when I was young (that's how unmaternal I was). I don't want to ever be a stay at home mom and I'm still selfish. Some moms stop buying anything for themselves, and I must admit, I haven't stopped shopping or any of my own activities though I've cut down my social life.

I love spending time with my kids though whether it's crafts, sports, reading. The only thing I can't do is watch TV with my kids

I think motherhood is kind of one of those things that grow on you. The more you do it, the easier it becomes, the more confident you become and the more enjoyable it becomes.

Granted, my life could have been way worst. Way way worst.

Archived