Hey yall, I'm new here. So be gentle.

I'm still in the long process of getting over my ex-boyfriend. It's been really hard because we live in the same city so I see his friends and family alot. I made this book that has really helped me alot. I wrote down pages of things I hated about him and what I won't have to deal with now that we are over. And I also found a bunch of quotes while I was searching on the net that really inspired me......like

from Autumn to Ashes song- "you break my heart into a thousand pieces and you say it's because I deserve better?"

People change, things go wrong, crap happens, but life goes on.

We must get hurt in order to grow.

We must fail in order to know

Sometimes our visions clear only after our eyes are washed away with tears.

Some people are just not meant to be in your life no matter how much you want them to be.

in the famous words on SATC(sex & the city) After all, computers crash, people die, relationships fall apart. The best we can do is breathe and reboot.

It's when you snag your hand on a rusty nail that you realize....life sucks! But regardless of the pain, you won't bleed forever.

I cried today, not because I missed you or even wanted you, but because I realized I'm gonna be fine without you.

I also found a bunch of songs to listen to when I'm even tempted to feel sympathy for my ex. Like...

Will Young-Stronger

Beyonce- Me Myself

Bad Religion- 1000 Memories

Madonna- the Power of Goodbye

Cher-Strong Enough

Des'ree-You gotta be

Jennifer Lopez-I'm gonna be alright

Justin Timberlake- Cry me a river

Christina Aguilera- Fighter

Avril Lavigne- My Happy Ending

what helped you stop thinking about your ex??

Those are great quotes, Bombshell. Thanks for sharing!

I don't know that I have quotes, but I *have* realized that thinking about my ex and his girl is the surest and fastest way to misery ever. Someone suggested I put my life in perspective by thinking about or volunteering to help people less fortunate than me. That way I'll stop feeling like I have "nothing" and realize I have "plenty," with or without my ex.

Can you get out of bed in the morning without help? Be thankful.

Can you see the blue sky and drive your own car? Be thankful.

Do you have a home to go to at night, instead of sleeping on the streets? Be thankful.

Do you have at least one good friend in your life? Be thankful.

Do you have a way of making an income? Be thankful.

Do you have skills or education or talent in any area? Be thankful.

Do you still have the potential to share love with friends, family, co-workers and, yes, someone special in this life? Be thankful.

Healing is a bumpy, bumpy road. But we can try to avoid the potholes that throw us down into the mud by trying, when we feel up for it, to put life in perspective.