Girl problem - Period question.

miie

Hi,

My question is a bit strange i guess, i've never been in the situation before. I am going away with my bf for a week shortly but to save on hotel costs we are staying with a friend of one of his parents. He doesn't know her that well, but she was nice enough to offer. She lives in another state. I dont know her.

However, i've just worked out that i'll have my period the ENTIRE time. This is meant to be a nice holiday, get away, swimming, having fun and i'll have that. lucky me.

What do you do when your in that situation? Staying in a strangers house, that you do not know and its that time of the month? Might be gross, but how do you dispose of them?

Secondly, can i STOP my period from coming that month? I am on birth control. Or will i still end up getting it? It comes on time, each month.

thanks for any advice.

You could keep taking the active pills, skip the placebos, and it should keep your period from coming (although you may have "breakthrough bleeding").

I've read on another forum before where someone asked how to get rid pads while at someone else's house, and honestly I just found it an odd question to ask. I just wrap it up in toilet paper and put it in the garbage can, simple as that. Not like they can tell, just bunch it up to look like a wad of tp, lol. If there's not a trash can in the bathroom, I discreetly hide it in the palm of my hand, my sleeve, or pocket (while wrapped in tp) and go to the kitchen to toss it.

edit* Just wanted to ask, do you not like using tampons? I wear one when going swimming while on my period.

Thanks for the replies.

Ive never had to stay at peoples houses during that time before. So i wouldn't know. I have stayed at peoples houses and the room and bathroom we had didn't even have a bin! So from that i imagine it would be somewhat awkward. It might be no problem once im there of course. If i knew the person i wouldn't have a problem, it is a complete stranger.

I'll be with my bf, but he gets 'weirded' out about period, tampons and pads etc. He freaks if he just sees one still in the packet.

Plus, at that time of the month, you dont always feel too great, not that great to be running about in a bikini!

i'll try skipping. thanks

Thanks for the replies.

Ive never had to stay at peoples houses during that time before. So i wouldn't know. I have stayed at peoples houses and the room and bathroom we had didn't even have a bin! So from that i imagine it would be somewhat awkward. It might be no problem once im there of course. If i knew the person i wouldn't have a problem, it is a complete stranger.

I'll be with my bf, but he gets 'weirded' out about period, tampons and pads etc. He freaks if he just sees one still in the packet.

Plus, at that time of the month, you dont always feel too great, not that great to be running about in a bikini!

i'll try skipping. thanks

This is a good opportunity to make him get used to it then. lol

You shouldn't be embarrassed about it. Just go about what you normally do. DONT flush tampons down the toilet- it will be embarrassing when they clog the drain and float back up!

Use tampons and simply wrap them up in TP and dispose of in the wastebasket. Not a big deal. At night I'd recommend using both a tampon and pad if your heavy at night so you don't get any leaks on the sheets. But if you do just scrub it out.

Plus before you leave-even if the sheets are fine, take them off the bed and put in the washer.

And your boyfriend better get used to it because every girl gets her period so there isnt any escaping it unless he dates a 50yr old

Archived