I still feel like she's "the one".

I know it hurts, but one of two things can happen. The first is that eventually the hurt will heal. The second is she still might be "the one". I've known many people who broke up with others thinking they lost "the one" and they found out they were right!

Same here Eddie...I have just been trying to turn it over to God...if it happens it happens...We can't control others emotions...the hard part is

trying to be Zen with it...a lot of it is ego. How dare they not love me anymore? Well...I have fallen out of love with people myself..and as bad

as I felt...I couldn't quite stay...take it easy on yourself.

Even though she left me two months ago and we haven't had any contact in 54 days...I still feel like she's the one, the only one. Ugh! I hate this.

It hasn't been that long since she left. The one who is left behind is the one who usually struggles and hurts the most. Cliché but true. It is still fresh for you. Why do you think she is the one? What was so special about her? What were the qualities that you still feel drawn to? What were her bad qualities?

yeah take it easy on yourself eddie, you're a very helpful guy. What makes her 'the one' for you?

Thanks.

You know, it's just a feeling I have. It's the same feeling I had when I first met her. There was just something about her that I immediately connected to...something that told me to hold onto her because she's special. And that feeling is still there. It's hard to explain. I just "feel" it, for lack of a better word.

What were the qualities that you still feel drawn to? What were her bad qualities?

I did the whole pros/cons list. It don't know if helped. I've never been the kind of person who keeps track of pros and cons. Either I love you and accept you or I don't.

I did the whole pros/cons list. It don't know if helped. I've never been the kind of person who keeps track of pros and cons. Either I love you and accept you or I don't.

Maybe she is going to be the "one" you never forget. If you believe in that sort of thing. I don't know what happened between the two of you but maybe she didn't have any really bad qualities and things ended and now you are feeling down about it and trying to get through. I don't know if that feeling ever goes away. Maybe it is always there but not as painful as time goes by. Hang in there...

Maybe she is going to be the "one" you never forget. If you believe in that sort of thing. I don't know what happened between the two of you but maybe she didn't have any really bad qualities and things ended and now you are feeling down about it and trying to get through. I don't know if that feeling ever goes away. Maybe it is always there but not as painful as time goes by. Hang in there...

Nah, she had bad qualities, we all have bad qualities. That's not really the issue for me. The issue for me is that nagging feeling that I can't let her go because she's the one.

But, ultimately time will tell. Either she comes back, or she doesn't. Either she eventually discovers that she feels the same as I do or she doesn't. I'm just describing how I feel right now and how I've felt since I met her. I feel like she's the one.

I went through a divorce about 6 years ago and likely, I felt that my exwife was "the one". But I don't anymore. I don't love her anymore. So who knows. But this current ex....man, I really thought it was her...all the way.

Contacting her might put to rest some of my speculation and feelings. If she could confirm for me that she, in no way, will ever be with me again and does not feel I'm the one, then I might get some peace and finality that way. I just don't know anymore.

Even though she left me two months ago and we haven't had any contact in 54 days...I still feel like she's the one, the only one. Ugh! I hate this.

I know you are hurting right now. I have been too. I also thought he is the one for me. And that kept me in denial for sometimes. Then I realized, if he is the one, then why the hell is he not with me. That means he is not the one. That means I am yet to meet that person. That means I need to get over him.

I hope you feel better soon.

You keep telling yourself that and you're going to talk yourself into an even darker place. Stop it.

OK...you've had a couple of ones. Call her, clear the air, let her reject you again. Do it. Get it over with.

What is keeping you from asking her?

I don't know. Maybe pride. Maybe fear of finding out that she doesn't want me. Maybe the thought that if she wanted me back she would've contacted me by now. I don't fully know why I won't contact her. I just don't think I want to know that she's truly moved on.

I don't know iBroken. My parents have been married for almost 50 years. They both walked out on each other more than once. They've both been selfish and felt no guilt at times. And they've both likely done some damage to each others hearts at times.

Either way you want to roll with it eddie you're not wrong, you let a good amount of time go by where if you wanted to take a risk and call her you might get some answers but if they aren't the ones you're looking for its nc day 1 and I wouldn't judge you either way. I know that i feel different every day in nc but i can eat food again finally even if i can't remember where i put my wallet/keys/cell

I too met "the one" and he turned out to be a bisexual bartender and I was unhappily married at the time. I carry hope that one day we'll be together but I doubt it'll happen in this life. Took me 4 years to move on. But I still hold him in my heart. I ruined things with him but I do wish we'd reconnect and he'd forgive me. I just go crazy even thinking about him literally. He's bad for me in so many ways, but the love I have for him will never cease.

I'm sharing because I know you know who the one is, try and reconnect and if she won't have you let her miss you and have time away from you. Maybe then she'll see that you too are the one.

I just need more time. I'm coming up on the 2 month mark and I think the psychological significance of reaching one of my goals is taking its toll on me. I feel like I've hit a wall. I feel like; ok, I'm close to my goal now I want what I'm after. I want finality, I want closure, I want answers, I want peace!

My next psychological goal is the 3 month mark. I'm hoping that by 3 months I will be mostly over her, mostly healed and not thinking about her constantly and believing she's "the one". I freaking hate, hate breakups!!! Did I mention that I hate breakups?

I just need more time. I'm coming up on the 2 month mark and I think the psychological significance of reaching one of my goals is taking its toll on me. I feel like I've hit a wall. I feel like; ok, I'm close to my goal now I want what I'm after. I want finality, I want closure, I want answers, I want peace!

My next psychological goal is the 3 month mark. I'm hoping that by 3 months I will be mostly over her, mostly healed and not thinking about her constantly and believing she's "the one". I freaking hate, hate breakups!!! Did I mention that I hate breakups?

If you feel like contacting her..ask yourself what you would say. I found that sometimes I felt like contacting my ex, but when I really thought about it..I jsut wanted to see if he still cared/would actually be nice to me, but I didn't really have anything to say.

If you feel like contacting her..ask yourself what you would say. I found that sometimes I felt like contacting my ex, but when I really thought about it..I jsut wanted to see if he still cared/would actually be nice to me, but I didn't really have anything to say.

Yeah, that's sort of how I am too. I just want to know how she feels about me. I don't really have anything to say to her. It's more about me getting what I need/want from her. I know that sounds awful because I'm giving her the power. But whatever. I just sort of want to know if she still loves me and maybe thinks about us getting back together.

Yeah, that's sort of how I am too. I just want to know how she feels about me. I don't really have anything to say to her. It's more about me getting what I need/want from her. I know that sounds awful because I'm giving her the power. But whatever. I just sort of want to know if she still loves me and maybe thinks about us getting back together.

Haha, I totally understand. I'm sure you know that contacting her could lead to a setback though.

Haha, I totally understand. I'm sure you know that contacting her could lead to a setback though.

Yeah, I do.

One of my friends told me that contacting her would be giving her the satisfaction of knowing that I'm still pining for her. It will let her know that she can still have her way with me, that she's still in control. Contacting her would let her know that after all this time I still want her back and haven't moved on, after all this time, I'm still wrapped up in her. And there's no way I'm going to give her that satisfaction, not after how she lied to me for so long, and then left.

Archived