Is it EVER ok to date while you're still married?

Fudgie

I've been separated for 5 years. My ex-H is balking on the divorce paperwork. He wants more money.

I'm dating my current BF, have been for a year. I am not going to put my entire life on hold because my ex is being an idiot.

I think that's ok because you've been separated for well over a year. And you're right, you shouldn't put it on hold just because the guy won't sign a paper. You've moved out and have been gone for years, and same with him.

I've read about you and your current bf and you guys sound really happy.

I doubt it. The old IM account I used isn't linked to anything (like facebook), or have any IRL friends on it, no one that I talk to anymore. He doesn't know my name, my state, or even age...just that I'm a female. Idiot offered up lots of info, like his phone number...haha.

I guess I'm kind of hoping that his ego got bruised and he'd consider that what he was doing is WRONG. What I told him was nothing short of the truth.

That's fine if you're willing to take that risk for your safety and well being - your life! As far as what you wrote to him - I doubt it made any impact at all given that you are a complete stranger and you did it in a confrontational way. I'm also not so sure telling people what they already know is helpful, even if you do know the person in real life. Sounded like you just wanted to vent and tell him off and were willing to take the risks that come with that kind of behavior.

Yeah, I guess I just needed to vent. I was just really disgusted because he kept sending emails to my IM email account (which I don't use and has no personal info) trying to hook up with me. I wish people like that would learn.

For me, it's a small risk, given that there was no personal info, so I did it. He can't even track me by my handles because I never used that IM name anywhere else. The idiot gave me his home number even and I tracked that down to a couple. If he ever harassed me, I'd give a call to his wife.

So far, I've heard nothing so that's good

Archived