Social Services Took Child Away From Me!

Leon91

hi there.. my name is Leon:

im 18 years old and have a daughter who is 9 months old.

but i am not allowed contact with my daughter whom i love with ALL of my heart and soul!

social services became involved around march and seemed to have no concerns over my daughters health or safety

shes has always been up to date with injections and always at a healthy weight and health workers have always been happy with her.

but then around may the social changed thier attitudes and insisted that my partner of 6 years and my daughter return to thier hometown and for me to stay away - without giving any real reasons.

neither me or my partner agreed and after them giving in we stayed happy

but a few weeks later me and my partner had an argument and they took them both to thier hometown.

after a few days we sorted things out and continued as a family again

but again, the social would not accept this and said that because of the arguing that they would rather me be away from my daughter

in the end they had a meeting and put my daughter on a protection register.

and ordered that:

myself and my family have no contact what so ever with my daughter!

including supervised contact - none at all!

we couldnt believe it as all we have ever wanted was to be a family and have a normall life as parents with our child but now no one on my side of the family could see my daughter including me!?

the reasons they gave are:

my criminal record - no violence or anything serious

just petty things that i was not even charged with like criminal damage

( aged 13 )

if i see my daughter they will take her off my partner and into care with another family!

my solictors basically do nothing

court is taking forever and social services are doing a report and suggesting i see my daughter for 2 hours a month!!! in a contact center

saturday mornings 10am-12pm once a month!!

they acknowlege that:

my daughter has never had any injuries and is always happy smiling and active and well nourished and have no issues with her wellbeing

they just see me as a danger because i could be violent maybe if at all?

this is just unfair that im not allowed to see me daughter for no good reason!

what the hell do i do?

i miss her so so much!!

Leon, I'm sorry for your frustration and pain but all you can do is try to remain as calm and patient as possible and go through the proper channels to regain access. The truth will out eventually but you need to work with them if you want what is best for your daughter. It's a lot to take on at your age and you may have a long road ahead of you. Stay strong.

I'm really sorry for your problems, Leon. I agree with the above poster, try and stay calm.

My sister (who is a law abiding citizen) had all 3 of her daughters taken away from her for 2 years a few years ago, and given to her abusive ex-husband. I agree that Child Protective services are a fishy organization, I don't like them, either. They always seem to punish the good people, and reward the bad parents...not representative of their name at all.

If you go through the right channels, though, you WILL get your daughter back. My sister put up a strong legal fight, and in the end was awarded custody. I'm sure the same will happen for you. Just stay calm.

I'm really sorry for your problems, Leon. I agree with the above poster, try and stay calm.

My sister (who is a law abiding citizen) had all 3 of her daughters taken away from her for 2 years a few years ago, and given to her abusive ex-husband. I agree that Child Protective services are a fishy organization, I don't like them, either. They always seem to punish the good people, and reward the bad parents...not representative of their name at all.

If you go through the right channels, though, you WILL get your daughter back. My sister put up a strong legal fight, and in the end was awarded custody. I'm sure the same will happen for you. Just stay calm.

as you said, they seem to get it all wrong!

the thing is, they wont wont talk to me , not even explain how exactly im a "danger" and what then, would help them trust that i am not

im seeing doctors and counciling, just to prove in court that im no danger to anybody!

im on great terms with both my partner and her family

i have agreed to let my daughter be there with them until i can see my daughter

they look after my daughter every wednesday night so my partner can stay at my house for the night

as my partners mum has a thursday off work she offered so that me and my partner can still have a little bit of a relationship.

its very stressful mind, being able to see my partner of 6 years for just one day a week if she comes up.

considering we have lived together for nearly 4!

i have owned properties of my own but im glad i moved back to my parents because the sheer lonlieness is heartbreaking

its bad enough even here

waking up to empty cots, hearing a toy accidently play muisc and seeing her high chair and clothing

kills me!

inside the hate i feel towards the social services is incredible

but of course for the sake of my daughter iv had to bite my tongue and jump when they say jump.

any judge with morals and a family surely will see through this injustice and realise that im never going to be dangerous

if anything shes loved more than alot of other parents my age would love thier children!

im determined to prove in courts that im a perfectly capable parent and partner!

everything from doctors to solicitors to the local member of parliment

and of course both families

on paper it would seem a losing battle for the social, them against pretty much everyone.

but we all know they have a god-like power!

to think ill miss my daughters 1st birthday!

infact. regardless of what they think, i am seeing my daughter on her birthday!

link removed

Try contacting Christopher Booker; he may not be able to help directly but he is running a series of stories about this issue.

DN

incredible find

i will be sure to contact MR Booker

in the UK at least - i cant comment on the United States or any other country as i dont know.

there is whats called adoption targets

and social service deps are given bonuses as a reward to meet the targets

and so they pretty much find any reason they can, take a child, meet the targets and cash in... leaving the family in turmoil

its barbaric almost to think there is even such a thing in this modern world

i could not call my country "great" while this is going on

parents have their children taken on grounds of:

being too dumb

being too clingy

being too good

old criminal records

the POSSIBILITY that they could harm thier children in a phisycal or emotional way, even without any evidence this is even possible.

its unfair and it seems they prey on the easy targets

the ones who do care and look after thier children

apparently, also

they prefer children under 5 as they are easier to find adoptive familes

as they are cuter and such and the middle classes prefer this.

its an outrage!

and of course if it happened to you, you cant mention it.

secrecy laws stop you mentioning anything that was done in a family law court!

its sick!

to think ill miss my daughters 1st birthday!

infact. regardless of what they think, i am seeing my daughter on her birthday!

I would suggest that this attitude may be part of why they have determined you unsafe.

I have no idea what your story is, but you don't get what you want by thumbing your nose at the authorities.

I would suggest that this attitude may be part of why they have determined you unsafe.

I have no idea what your story is, but you don't get what you want by thumbing your nose at the authorities.

If you have children I'll be surprised to be honest! Very! Or are you the type of parent that would let someone stop you seeing your children, if I sound like I'm being hateful, it's because I am! The authorities as you say are not the be all and end all! Plus how does wanting to see my daughter grow make me a danger? Just because they say? Get a grip! You know you'd make a perfect social worker yourself! And to the poster above you, she lived in my parents until 16 years old then we could afford our own apartment which we stayed in until the march just gone. Financing? Work we both do. Before anyone thinks i don't!

I am saying that you are PURPOSELY IGNORING A LEGAL ORDER.

That shows a serious lack of maturity and wisdom.

If you don't like their verdict, fight the VERDICT.

Don't BREAK the LAW.

How does that make you more worthy in anyone's eyes? How does that get you closer to getting your family back?

Archived