my sister says she just wants to date

resilient7

my sister has a guy she has been seeing for the past 7 months but doesn't refer to him as a boyfriend,she only dates him and no one else i can assure you.

she was in a 4 year relationship that according to her ended bad..her ex began acting strange according to her and started lying to her a lot and would often be absent for days..he even admitted to treating her badly towards the end.

what leaves me bewildered is when i ask her how come she doesn't refer to him as her boyfriend (cause thats what they pretty much are) she tells me that she is just dating him? 7months of dating?

i feel for the guy,he really is a good guy.she is 27 by the way.

Well I am in the same predicament. I've been seeing this guy, I don't refer to him as my bf, we go out, hang out, have fun together. I got out of a bad long term relationship, and am afraid of calling myself "in a relationship" because that means I'm attached and that means I have to admit my feelings to him. he knows I care about him, and we have a good time together, but I can't refer to him as my bf because of that fear of getting hurt.

How long since her breakup with the ex?

If sis isn't ready to put relationship claims on someone she's seeing, then the only one who needs to be okay with that is the guy.

I'd back away from the subject and I'd be careful not to impose my views on her--and I'd be especially careful not to pry into this with him. Sister is an adult who's not living according to your calendar or anyone else's. She's also lucky to have a sister like you who cares enough to ask about this.

the guy doesn't seem to care all that much...sister once told me he would like to have the title but respects her wishes.i just feel for the guy sometimes and as for my sister she went from the ex to the new guy pretty fast.was working along side the new guy while the relationship with the ex began falling apart,still talks to the ex about once a week...i dont pry or even ask her by the way,she comes to me and talks about it.

thanks for the advice guys

Archived