myJoy's story... we're back together!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very happy and sooooooooooooo jealous of you and danimal.

In good spirits though.

But wait a minute! Just because you are with your ex back again does not mean you have a right to neglect those who are need of your guidance and kind words of wisdom. Stay on the path my brother continue to help those who need you and look up to you.

We love you here and are very proud and happy for you and your lady.

Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

myjoy, things have taken a turn for the good in my situation as well, talked to her got every thing of our chest where talking like best buddys again like we did before we were together i love it, she told me about the guys she's been with and i handled it fine i told her about the chicks i've been and she handled it, she stayed over but i didnt do a thing just awsome casual catch up talk, she cant get enough of it, best i've felt in a long time. gotta thank you and danimal, dont think i could of stayed so strong with out your insperational posts. still a long way to go but the ice is brocken things can only get better, hope every things well with you man

rotty,

that's great! just be careful not to let her know too much about who you were seeing & what you were doing during this breakup.

sometimes knowing too much can also hurt a bit. my gf found some condoms & i could see a bit of pained look in her eyes. she knew she couldn't say anything about it since we were on a break.

just thread carefully.

here's the short version of the story:

my gf & i met up this past weekend for the 1st time since we broke up 6 mths ago. she thought that it would be better for both of us to not stay in contact anymore. this of course took me by surprised as i thought the renewed friendship was just taking off. i told her i would respect her decision, but i need to get something off my chest. i never told her that i would still want her back... that night i did. i also apologized for everything i did wrong. i told her that i had always believed that there was something in our relationship that was beyond understanding... that we were perfect for each other, if there was such a thing. she explained she knew exactly what i mean, & that is why during these past few months she has been in such a state of confusion & wreck. she questioned her decisions. this in turn caused her relationship to fall into a downward spiral. all this time she had tried to move on, & afraid that i was doing the same thing. she didn't know if i would ever take her back.

this whole thing happened between us because she loved me so much that she began to hate me. she couldn't understand why despite her efforts at giving me 100%, i kept pushing her away. it was at this most vulnerable state, that the other guy offered to rescue her.

anyway, without getting into anymore detail, we're back together now. we both understand that there are personal & relationship issues we both have to work on. we agreed that learning to communicate our feelings to each other is essential in building a strong relationship. the road ahead can still be tough, as we would be naive to believe that our relationship won't be put to the test again. these past 6 mths of seperation helped us affirm our feelings for each other.

thanks again everyone for all your kind words, encouragement & support! i know good things will come to all of us... every one of you deserves it.

kate111,

she works w/ the other guy, so there's really no way of getting him completely out of the pic. she already assured me that there's nothing to worry about. she screwed up before, but will not allow that to happen again. she can't bear to lose me twice. i have learned to trust her.

the other guy told her he will wait, & can't believe she went back to me after how i treated her. she explained to him that there was something in our relationship that he will never understand. anyway, he is trying but he is committing a lot of the classic mistakes that people do during breakup. its driving her insane at times. i hope he never hops on to this forum... hahaha.

anyway, he was never a concern to me & he still isn't.

thanks! its so important to keep a positive mindset throughout the whole process. it is equally important though to try & move on.

i quickly learned that the challenge doesn't stop when 2 people get back together. we knew that there are issues we will have to resolve as we repair our relationship. so far everything has been great. we're planning a getaway vacation.