Im not sure if any of you have read my past posts, but i was dating a girl from work for 3 months or so, and recently broke it off with her, as i felt she wasnt quite ready for a serious relationship, mainly cuz she was still stuck in her past constantly having a battle with her old feelings from a four year relationship. Her past relationship had ended 9 months ago, but her and the guy were "forced" apart as their parents didnt approve them and he had to go off and marry someone else whom his parents arranged for him.

So that ultimately, after repeated attempts to try to discuss the issue with her that it bothered me that i felt like she was still happier thinking about him rather than me and that she would still want him over me if she could have the chance, and it led to me to break it off with her, stating that she needed time to get herself back together. Instead of verbally telling her, i wrote down exactly how i felt in a 3 page letter and handed it to her one night, and she was devastated. She didnt call me that night, and the next 2 days at work she didnt even look my way. We work at a Walgreens, but i work in the pharmacy dept and she's a cashier up front(we're both college students), so we dont see each other the whole time. She was very upset from the fact that i broke up with her in a letter, and i called her the 2nd night and asked her if she was more upset from the breakup or the letter, and she said both, that the breakup surprised her and that the letter made her feel disrespected. I understood wut she felt and i apologized for it having to be in a letter and that my intentions werent to end this like this but that i felt she needed some time to get her thoughts really together.

She was acting very angry so i told her to take the weekend to think about things and jus relax. So the next week, we actually were talking on a nice note, just saying hi and bye at work. Then we hung out one night that week, had dinner, and went for a walk by the river and i gave her a card that i wrote out to her, basically an apology card for breaking up wit her the way i did and that im not asking her to get back wit me but that im willing to give her the time she needs to think things over, but that im not gonna act like a stranger and not talk to her in the meantime. I dunno if that was a good idea, but she said that "it meant a whole alot to her, that it feels good to know she can call me if she needs to, she said that she was just angry that first night, but she also said she thinks she needs some time. Now since then we hung out one more time, went bowling, and we were really comfortable with each other(no physical stuff), and at the end of the night there was traffic on the way back and she said "thats alright, we'll jus get to spend more time with each other." Since then, i was away for four days, camping with my friends and family and i dont get reception up there so i couldnt call her. I was hoping the four days would make her miss me and think about me. Ive been trying to not call her so much and take away from things i did for her while i was her b/f and just basically call her maybe twice a week or so to let her know im alive but not let her know wuts goin on in my life. Im hoping its gonna work a bit. Oh also, me and her had planned a trip to six flag(theme park) together with a few friends, she still wants to go but should we go now or would it not be a good idea?

Now the problem is this, i do think about her alot, i want her back ultimately, but i want her back in a way in which she really wants me as the main guy in her life and that she's happier her life turned out with me rather than her ex. The other thing is, we work together and are forced to see each other every few days no matter what. Is that a good thing or not? How often should i call her? Do u think me and her will get back together and wuts the best way for me to act in order to make her want me again?

Sounds like your doing the right thing by taking it slow and being her friend. The longer you be there for her the more she is going to forget that other guy, build some new memories for her to remember. Give her time. Just try to keep in contact a little bit more, it'll give it that relationship feeling while still being friends. Best of luck to you