Please help me in tackling the issue of marrying a Bohra.

lavi

hi

I'm hindu by birth 22 years old.I was proposed by a person in my university who belongs to the Bohra community and we stayed together for 3 years.During this perios of time our relationship became very strong,

the guy loved me so much that i never felt so much love ever, he is very caring,understanding,educated,smart,and everything wat i wanted in my life partner.My family is very simple and when i told my parents they dint have any problem with this proposal. Infact m ready to convert from the bottom of m heart because i love him so much.

The problem is his family is very orthodox! they are against our marriage.His mother is just not ready she just says please move on im sure ull get a very good guy?? where i dunt want anyone but him! please some tell me what to do?

We both have break down and lost our hopes in life. What should i do now. Please can anybody help.

Does his mother know that you are willing to convert?

If she is still against the marriage regardless, then your boyfriend has to decide whether to potentially cut himself off from his mother and perhaps the rest of his family to marry you - is he prepared for that?

Yes he told her that i'm ready to convert but he has his own family problems neither do i want him to leave his family im just looking for a way to convince them nd stay together happily! His mom is worried about their status and also thinks that i wont follow the religion i agreed just for the sake of it but im very serious about it!

I would suggest converting, in practice (I'm not sure if a wedding is needed) to his religion and prove to his family your seriousness about complying.

You're very young to be married, maybe if you keep letting the relationship mature and prove your dedication to his religion and family, they will soften their disapproval of you.

• 3 years later...

Hi Lavi,

Understand this is not a very recent thread, but I would like to know what eventually happened in your case.

Did you guys finally marry? How? Did you convert? and what were your experiences?

I am undergoing the same situation and any first hand inputs from you would be very helpful.

Hi Lavi,

Understand this is not a very recent thread, but I would like to know what eventually happened in your case.

Did you guys finally marry? How? Did you convert? and what were your experiences?

I am undergoing the same situation and any first hand inputs from you would be very helpful.

Lavi, the OP no longer posts here and has never returned since posting this thread. I doubt they'll be back to reply to your questions. You're welcome to start your own thread and perhaps members can help you.

Thread closed.

Archived