Staple

I am seriously incredibly frustrated right now. My ex, who cheated on me, got to have all that sex so easily and it's been three months and I haven't met any other girl besides the occasional "buy her a drink, dance a bit and then she goes to the bathroom and dissapears."

The good news is I'm going to law school soon, so I can meet new people there, but it won't be in Los Angeles...I just want to enjoy this city a bit, and meet someone I'm attracted to. I'm a good looking guy (slim/athletic build etc...) but my past relationship has really screwed me over, I mean I'm not afraid to talk to women, I just don't know where to look for them anymore. Because honestly, I am doubting whether bars and clubs actually work anymore.

Anyone else feel this way? Meh.

For me, bars and clubs have become nauseatingly depressing.

I get hit on by a bunch of skeezy alcoholics, or guys just trying to get laid. And I'm sure there are some really nice guys thrown in the bunch but I simply can't tell the difference anymore so I don't give them a chance either.

So what to do? Where to go? If you find out let me know. I think law school is your best bet.

By the way, cheating ex girl can get laid? Well, umm, of course she can. ANY girl can get laid pretty much any time. But we don't care about getting laid as much as we care about finding an awesome intelligent man who actually wants to commit to us. Just getting laid feels really gross and demeaning.

So the question is: is she actually in a relationship or just out getting laid? If it is the latter, don't envy her at all.

Younger, I'm only 22, turning 23 in May. I just don't know where else to look. You approach a girl in a library or bookstore and she gives you that look like "don't bug me". I tried reconnecting with old friends (girls) and they just keep pushing me away. It's so frustrating because I hate not being in a relationship, but what to do?

(No dog, no pets allowed in my apartment. Damnit.)

I know how you feel. I have met a few guys at clubs/bars and it NEVER turned out well. Like Trxy said there are probably a few good people in the bunch but how can you tell anymore?

How about you just focus on yourself before you start law school? Hang out with your buddies, go to the gym, do the things you enjoy.....and you never know, somebody may come along.

That is what I'm doing right now. My ex and I broke up a few months ago and he is already in another relationship. I decided to just focus on school and myself and so far it's been good. Good luck to you!

Ugh but back on topic, I just don't know how much longer I can go on being single. Sure, its been "only" 3 months, but still, I hate being alone, I really hate it. Women of Los Angeles, where the heck are you? I swear I'm a good guy!

I've never had a real relationship come from a bar or a club, so I know what you mean. What are you doing with your life now? Finishing undergrad? Are there women on campus? Do you have a job? Do women work there? Do you have a circle of friends? Do they know any single women? Are there nicer bar and grill type places near where you live? You know, the ones that have a nice atmosphere and close by 10? Start hanging out there a few nights a week. There are a few near where I live and I've dated a bartender, a hostess, two waitresses and over a dozen patrons. The women you meet in these venues are probably much more like what you're looking for (not club rats). And then, there's always the produce aisle...nice girls gotta eat!

Just keep talking and networking. You'll find someone. Oh yeah, and forget about your ex having sex. She's not worth thinking about.

I met my ex at a club. We had an amazing relationship for two years, or so I thought, until for an entire year she started talking to this guy she knew and had sex with him in December. I hate her so much. Ah well.

I just want to convince myself that there's someone else out there, and so far with the way its been going on I'm starting to doubt that.

I met my ex at a club. We had an amazing relationship for two years, or so I thought, until for an entire year she started talking to this guy she knew and had sex with him in December. I hate her so much. Ah well.

I just want to convince myself that there's someone else out there, and so far with the way its been going on I'm starting to doubt that.

There IS someone else out there trust me! There has to be. I asked myself the same thing many times.

I'm in the same boat. Just give it some time and maybe when you stop looking you will find something ;-) You don't want to just settle for anything just to be in a relationship, I did that with my ex because I was so tired of being single and dating. But he was definitely not a good person. So hang in there and you will find somebody, or just come to Utah and we'll hang out Just kiddin! Good luck!

^ lol, maybe I will *buys ticket*, just kidding. No honestly, the problem isn't attracting women in general, its attracting women who are genuinly interested in meeting someone and maybe going out for dinner the next day etc... I keep attracting women who look great but are only after money etc...

Ah well. I'll keep trying and let you guys know when I find someone!

You will be fine. I have many friends in law school and they said it was the best time they have had in their in entire life because they met a lot of great people.

I'm in grad school too and it's been a great experience so far. Go and have a great time!

Archived