If you sent a 'i love you' text to BF/GF and got this reply, what would you think?

poiuyt1

Say if you've been with your boyfriend/girlfriend for at least a year, you've both said the 'i love yous' at least 4-5 months ago and both have said it many times since.

What would you think or feel, if you sent your gf/bf a text with 'i love you' but just get a 'aww thats sweet' as a reply.

Would you expect a 'i love you too' or a bit more?

Would that type of reply bother you more if you haven't heard them saying those words for a while?

EDIT: But how about if he hadn't said 'i love you' to you in a month?

Well I'm paranoid like crazy. If I got a response like that, especially if we had said it to each other several times in the past, I would be thinking that things are about to be over. I'd probably go and end things, thinking that's what he's about to do anyways. But that's just me.

I think people make the mistake of assuming that people pour a ton of thought into text messages. I certainly don't.

lol, yes!!!! it's amazing how many problems would be solved if people stopped communicating through text and had face to face conversations!

In my relationship, it wouldn't bother me. There are times I pour my heart out over text and get a simple smiley face back. Does it bother me? No. I say things because I feel it. Because I wantt o tell him..not because I expect to hear the same back.

Were you saying it in hopes of him saying it back? Can you not just express it to him witthout the expectation of it being returned?

I think you think its a problem because suddenly he is no longer saying it. The response itself in general I don't see the problem.

Archived