Does attraction build over time?

mrvaughn

Met this girl a couple weeks ago, and we went on a date this weekend...She's a really nice girl and is attractive.

I'd say at the moment I am only moderately attracted to her and was wondering if I could get some opinions.

Do you think attraction builds over time???

There is definitely attraction there, but would you say that this can increase over the time you get to know the person.

I think it can and I say this because there was a girl in my work that on first impressions I had zero attraction to, but then I fell in love and was all I wanted...needless to say it ended very badly, lol (but thats a story that i've well covered on these forums, haha)

Anyway...what do you think?

I'd say at the moment I am only moderately attracted to her and was wondering if I could get some opinions. Do you think attraction builds over time???

It can, but it's not a definite. Give it a shot, see where it goes, but don't expect that epiphany one day that she'll all of a sudden become amazing to you.

I think it can and I say this because there was a girl in my work that on first impressions I had zero attraction to, but then I fell in love and was all I wanted

Been there, done that. Wasn't in love with her, but definitely a crush. Nothing I could do about it though, due to the fact she was married.

I've had this happen several times. The first time I see a guy I can think "oh no, he's not attractive to me at all", but then I get to know them and actually fall in love with them....and they are so gorgeous to me then!

I've had this happen several times. The first time I see a guy I can think "oh no, he's not attractive to me at all", but then I get to know them and actually fall in love with them....and they are so gorgeous to me then!

I think that this is true a lot of the time. Kinda weird really that it is the case. I guess at this point i'm just looking for someone to be with.

Spent most of my young life single & too afraid to just 'get out there' and talk to girls. Perhaps down to being a little self conscious...or perhaps I just took longer to be 'ready' than most.

Whatever it was, I feel that i'm ready now and, whether it's this girl or not, I want to share my experiences with someone special, lol.

Yes it does. Back in 2007 I met this wonderful girl I know on my leadership team and at first I just wasn't much attracted to her. I was like * * * is up with your style wearing 80's style clothing?.

She was dating at that time when I first met her, then in early 08 she was single and I got to know her alittle better and through that we became good friends and attraction began to build up and before you know it I began to fancy her.

My inexperience was my problem I screwed the whole thing up but she was very understanding about it. Nothing personal but either way it worked out for the better of us not to date anyways. I think she's in a relationship now and me on the other hand has developed a lot of game.

So yeah if you hang around her you will begin to overlook all of her negatives and think she's the perfect girl.

I think attraction does build over time. That kind of attraction is more genuine, I feel. Because the potential factors are the other person's personality, and that leaves a stronger imprint than 'superficial' initial physical attraction. But as with all attraction, it works at all levels but the rational one. So I believve you can't *think* your way into bein attracted to someone, because logically it makes sense, but just go with the flow and give the situation a shot, make a friend, and if there's any genuine connection, it will transpire.... but definitely, don't rule someone out just because you don't get the initiall butterly-in-your-stomach kick ur used to know u shuld feel..

Met this girl a couple weeks ago, and we went on a date this weekend...She's a really nice girl and is attractive.

I'd say at the moment I am only moderately attracted to her and was wondering if I could get some opinions.

Do you think attraction builds over time???

There is definitely attraction there, but would you say that this can increase over the time you get to know the person.

I think it can and I say this because there was a girl in my work that on first impressions I had zero attraction to, but then I fell in love and was all I wanted...needless to say it ended very badly, lol (but thats a story that i've well covered on these forums, haha)

Anyway...what do you think?

Since you say there "is definitely attraction there", then I believe it can grow stronger. It is the people who say they feel nothing after a few dates, that I advocate not going out with the person again. But that's not the case here.

Archived