What are your favorite things about being single?

After a month of being single, and after realizing how much happier I am to no longer have him in my life, the following things are what I love about being single:

1) laundry day has become laundry hour. instead of doing 2-3 loads a weekend, i literally have one load for clothes and this will last me the next 2 weeks.

2) i no longer have to deal with facial hair shavings in my bathroom sink that he neglected to completely clean up

3) i get the bed ALL to myself

4) i cook less. i don't have to cook 3x a day because i am no longer cooking for two or have to worry about having lunch packed and ready for him to take to work

5) i have more room more room in the closet, yay retail therapy!

6) i can come and go as a please...don't have to consult anyone if plans work with their schedule or if they prefer to do something else.

7) i can innocently flirt with cute boys at the bar!

8) when i need the trash thrown out, it gets thrown out that second...not 3-4 days later

9) more girls only days! before, he would stay home and play video games and my girl friends and i would be confined to the balcony or my room..or worse, he would invite his friends over and it would end up being a party.

what do you guys like/love about being single?

Everything! I was born to be single! Here's a list of my favorite things:

1: I clean whenever I want to, and when I don't want to, I don't have to.

2: I can sleep as late as I want on my days off.

3: I have more sex as a single woman than I ever had married. The quality is better, also.

4: NOBODY tells me what to do, how to do it, or when to do it! (this is my favorite!)

5: If I don't feel like cooking, no one cares.

6: I get taken out to dinner almost every night, I seldom have to cook.

Do I need any other reasons? Single life rules!!!

I like having the whole bed to myself too....Yeah cuddling and having someone there is nice, but when it comes to actual sleep, my quality of sleep was never good with someone else taking up half the bed, crawling over me to go to the bathroom, getting up earlier than me to go to work, making me late for work because we want to stay in and cuddle, that part was sweet, but I was always stressed about getting ready for work......

I also like having my own space, I like hanging out in bed and eating chocolate with my cat, watching a movie or reading. I like getting ready for work or for going out, on my own, without feeling pressure. I can try on different clothes as many times I want to or stay in the bathroom curling my eyelashes as long as I want, without worrying about what he thinks, and worry he thinks I am being vain or high mantainance.

Hmm. I like the fact that soon my emotions will level off and not be based on him. That I wont have super highs and super lows from arguments or disappointments from him. The highs were nice, but not worth the lows, and the final low of this break up....

Being single right after a break up is really hard to readjust to, but I remember after being single for awhile, not wanting to be with anyone cause I felt like that type of person that needs their own space and privacy.

Suddenly having more $$ in my pocket! I spent 6 yrs. with a boyfriend who not only never pd. for a date (not even when we went to dinner on my Birthday!!) but was actually a constant drain on my wallet.

He lived at home & instead of using his college degree worked part time at a golf course & mooched off his parents while I was living in my own apartment, buying my own groceries ect. Somehow when we went to dinner, the movies or even just popped into 7-11 he never had quite enough money for his half. I would end up paying for most or all of everything!!! A lot of times without even a thank you. When his Birthday/Valentine's Day rolled around he'd ask for really expensive gifts. His parents gave him a new car but when we went out he insisted on taking mine every time even when it wasn't running well. And of course, since he lived at home, we spent most of our time at my place where he was eating/drinking me out of house and home!

Once he was gone there were a number of things that were a relief... but I'd have to say realizing that a movie was only going to cost me $10 instead of $25-30 was the very best!

*None of this applies to my current husband who actually enriches my life instead of taking away.*

The freedom is definitely nice. Now if I could find a setup like a cross between mar_tini78 and jazzbarrett where she pays for everything and does all the laundry and cooking, then I might have to reconsider the single thing. Damn, how do these guys get setups like that?

I don't need to clean my house when I don't feel like it

I get the bed all to myself

No one throws phones at me

I don't have to fold my laundry

I don't have to make my bed

I can go quadding whenever I want

I can drink as many beer as I like without being nagged at

I don't need to dress up

I can spend money on whatever I want instead of buying her dinner

Nobody snoops through my computer

No one checks my email

No one checks my facebook messages

I can leave the vacuum in the living room, having never actually used it

I can drink beer on a sunday afternoon

I don't have to dispute rumors

Other women don't snicker at me because they know my secrets

I can go 4X4'ing whenever I want

I don't have to make salads

I can order pizza for dinner any night of the week

I don't have to watch chick flicks

There are no empty tampon boxes in my house

I don't need to spend any money on jewlery

Nobody throws phones at me

I don't get yelled at

I can take long showers

I can go to bed when I want, or sleep on the couch if I feel like it

I can work weekends if I feel like it

I don't have to meet parents

I don't need to pretend to like her friends

I don't need to buy any diamonds

I get to keep all my money...both halves

Nobody kicks me out of my own house

Nobody makes me sleep in any room other than my own

Nobody throws phones at me

I don't need to listen to work gossip

Nobody tries to make me 'jealous' by talking about their 'guy friends'

I don't have to explain what 'icing' is in the middle of the game

Nobody cares if I get nachos on the couch

I hear no complaints about sleeping in a tent

I don't have to kill the spiders

I can go kayaking all by myself without having to wait for her to catch up

I can hang out with the boys without compalint

I can look at other girls

I can date other girls

I can have as much sex as I want

Nobody complains when i'm not home at 7PM sharp

I can get grumpy about whatever I like without being psychoanalyzed

Nobody tells me I can't do something

I don't have to listen to her whine about nothing

Nobody cries to get attention

When I don't get home till 4AM, nobody keeps me up till 6AM 'to talk'

I don't get interrogated

Nobody snoops through my drawers when i'm not looking

Nobody asks me if I 'think that girl on tv is hot'

Nobody asks me if I think they look fat in clothing that definitely makes them look fat

I can leave the toilet seat up

I never have to watch 'dancing with the stars'

Nobody asks me when I want to have babies

I don't even need to think about babies

I don't need to stay up all night listening to how mean that backstabbing girl is, as you tell me about how you backstabbed her.

I could go on...and on....and on...

The freedom is definitely nice. Now if I could find a setup like a cross between mar_tini78 and jazzbarrett where she pays for everything and does all the laundry and cooking, then I might have to reconsider the single thing. Damn, how do these guys get setups like that?

Hahahaha! I was very young! But I did finally take a long look at the relationship & dumped his you know what.

Even if I got dumped in a couple or three years, it would still be pretty sweet.

"Yo, babe...I'm gonna sit here and play this video game and watch the entire first season of Dawson's Creek. You're gonna want some sex when you get home from work, right? Don't work too hard babe...cause I'm not gonna."

OntheWire, he did have a nice little setup. I worked and attended school full time...I tell you, some men just aren't worth all the work!

And I have had a few phones thrown at me and I gotta say, not having random things chucked in your general direction is nice. Or not having to deal with doors slamming because someone is throwing a childish hissy fit has done wonders for my stress levels! I forgot to add that I get to eat what I want now. He hated salmon and prosciutto, so I could never buy them or if I did, I had to make a second meal for him to eat. I think in my next relationship, I am not going to lift a finger! jk.

apart from not having to cook if i don't feel like it...and not having to clear away my clothes immediately...and having more space in my wardrobe...and meeting more friends because it's easier when you're single...i think the most valuable aspect for me in being single is that i have learnt how to achieve balance, calm and peace on my own....and i have learnt to take life less seriously...

PRICELESS!

More time for friends and family- he wanted me all to himself for months.. so I was always at his place watching movies or sleeping...

No fun times with friends or anything

So freedom to do what I want when i want.

I dont cry (much, the break up is still kinda fresh)

I dont worry about how he is feeling. what I can do to make things better.

Overall to sum it up, stress free - I am happy, met a new guy.. just moving forward with my life. Its nice to exculde the people who really could care less about you and keep the ones that do closer.

good to hear about this..haha..

being single. ok just for a sec throwing out the pain and hurt of missing her and salvaging whatever seems to be good out of it...

1] freedom. freedom to do whatever you want without having to inform, consult or discuss with your partner

2] freedom to go out with people, flirt with girls etc without feeling like you are doing sth wrong.

3] more time to do whatever things you set out to do

4] negative energy from breakup chanelled into doing positive things in my case. breakup motivated me to do alot of things which i would never have done when i was attached

1) I get the bed all to myself and have no more interupted sleep.

2) I don't have to compromise on how to spend holidays and vacations; I do what I want to do

3) I get to watch what I want to to watch on the TV, every day. No more freaking Sports Center, NBA, golf, or whatever else.

4) I can eat whatever I like to eat, whenever I want, and not have to take into consideration my partner's food hang-ups

5) Not feeling like I have to make sure I look presentable all the time. If I want to go fliting around the house all night with no make up on, my hair up in an unsighly bun, with my grubby old stained, unflattering Tshirt and shorts on, no one cares

6) Not having to make sure I have nice undergarments on every day.... girls, you know what I'm talking about! ;-)

7) No more drama- no relationship drama, no family drama, nothing. Life is simple and uncomplicated and on my terms and no one elses.

Those are just some of the things I love about being single!

Being single equals less drama for me.

I can have sex whenever I want(with myself unfortunately).

I leave the seat up on the toilet all day.

Less sink clutter, yes I can locate my toothbrush now without makeup bags and curling iron.

Shopping is not a trip the mall anymore but to the liquor store. In and out in 5mins, not 5hours..

Movie rental consist of guy movies, none of this chick flick tear jerker stuff anymore.[-(

1. I don't have to listen to his teeth grinding, heavy breathing while he eats, or feet stomping on the oak floors.

2. No b-rated sci fi movies - ever.

3. More orgasms.

4. Wearing lingerie for myself - he would have thought it a waste of money to buy those lovely things.

5. Nobody is insulting me...all the men now in my life actually adore me and say so on a regular basis.

Archived