What are your favorite things about being single?

i forgot to add: no longer having to deal with his a**hole family and stupid friends.

THAT has been an awesome revelation to not have to put up with. i guess it was a red flag that i ignored: if they guy's friends and family members are jerks, chances are the guy is too.

i forgot to add: no longer having to deal with his a**hole family and stupid friends.

THAT has been an awesome revelation to not have to put up with. i guess it was a red flag that i ignored: if they guy's friends and family members are jerks, chances are the guy is too.

OOOooooo! That's a good one! I too would like to add that one of my favorite things about being single was no longer having to be polite to his mother, who was like Donna Reed on the surface... but a really vicious snob underneath!

I actually quite enjoy being in a relationship, but here's what I enjoy most on being single:

1. Not waking up from him snoring at my ear

2. Not being compared to other "nicer" girlfriends anymore

3. Doing my yoga exercises in his former study room

4. Sleeping till 3 PM without bad conscience

5. Not cleaning up his mess

6. Not being his counsellor, babysitter and nurse anymore

7. No more of his crying fits

8. No more hearing what a bad person I am

9. I can roll my eyes and use my mimics as often as I want to express my feelings

10. I can express my feelings and people still like me

I'm still having trouble adjusting to this new single life again. But I gotta make the most of this so...

1. Not having to go to his apt all the time which sometimes was a drag of a trip as I don't have a car/had to use the bus

2. Having more time to study

3. Not spending as much $$$

4. Eating sushi and other Asian foods as there was nothing he really liked about it, hmph. Eating out became boring as a result

5. Not worried about shaving down there haha y'all know it's true!!!

My goodness you're right! My ex's family is nice enough, but his friends! UGH!

Well, as a long time single who just came out of trying on a relationship (and in the end not much liking it) I have to say...everything!

1. Not spending large amounts of cash on dinner and wine

2. Being able to sleep with the fan on

3. Having the bed to myself

4. Not having to have sex with him

5. Being able to have sex with other people if I feel like it

6. Being able to flirt with guys that are more attractive than him

7. Not having to worry about him offending my friends or family

8. Not having to hear his embarassingly loud voice

9. Not having to cringe when he shouts at "the help"

10. Not having to pretend to be interested in whatever he is saying

11. Not having to pretend to be entertained by his annoying sense of humour

12. Not being talked over

13. Not being told how to do things, and that the way I do things is wrong

14. Not being told that what I think and feel is incorrect or wrong

15. Not having to get up early to go home and feed my cat before I go to work because he doesn't want to stay at my place and I have to stay at his

16. Not having to take his phone calls where he talks about nothing and interrupts what I am doing

17. Not being made to feel I am not a serious artist because I also have a full time job

18. Not having to watch him make a pig of himself or eating all my leftovers (meaning I have to cook again)

and on...and on...and on!!

i want to add one more thing: my household bills are CHEAPER. and i am not talking about groceries or booze, lol. i just got my electricity bill and since the breakup, i've used 65% less electricity and thus cut my bill in half. i guess it helps to only run the dishwasher ONCE a week instead of EVERY night. not to mention one load of laundry to last me 2 weeks instead of 2 loads a weekend.

i tell ya, i am not really finding any pros in getting back in a relationship. lol.

Archived