where do these overseas girls get their money from-japanese girl

joe45

i went out with japanese girl i met at the bus stop. this was before Jen. she was nice and she lived around my area. so we chatted on the bus.we hung out. she goes to english ESL school. she didnt even work for those 2 years, but had money to go to Toronto, Whistler 3x's, banff...a few other places. she always going out drinking a lot, eating out , and shes also a heavy smoker. she had LV bag and wallet too. she lived in homestay.

i wondered where she got her money from. she said back home she was a childcare worker. so either she saved a lot of money back in japan or her parents are rich. who nows hey.

There may be hundreds of reasons and the stereotype is that the Japanese are quite wealthy people, especially if they can afford to be abroad.

But this is not a definitive answer. What I wonder is: why are you so concerned?

You may have to find out the answer to this through her. Bring it up in a conversation, but in a joking tone like if I had all the money you have to buy that stuff, I'd be..."

And she might then explain If not, she's rich.

I'm not sure about Japanese girls, but I know a lot of latin girls who are studying abroad are supported by their parents. In Brazil - which is the country I can talk about with more authority - parents tend to provide for their kids for a long time. If they are wealthy, there isn't a "you are on your own when you go to college" mentality.

Therefore, when their kids (specially girls) are studying abroad their parents normally see it as an "invesment" in their children's education so they basically support them during their period abroad.

Why do you care though? Yes, it probably means her parents are wealthy.

i went out with japanese girl i met at the bus stop. this was before Jen. she was nice and she lived around my area. so we chatted on the bus.we hung out. she goes to english ESL school. she didnt even work for those 2 years, but had money to go to Toronto, Whistler 3x's, banff...a few other places. she always going out drinking a lot, eating out , and shes also a heavy smoker. she had LV bag and wallet too. she lived in homestay.

i wondered where she got her money from. she said back home she was a childcare worker. so either she saved a lot of money back in japan or her parents are rich. who nows hey.

all your threads here seem very money oriented

I think the thing to remember is that anyone who is studying in a foreign country probably has a lot of money behind them due to the costs of relocating and the fact they won't be eligible for any government assistance in the country of study.

There were a few Chinese students on my course at Uni and they were loaded, not because Chinese people are loaded because obviously that isn't the case. But because you have to be wealthy to be a foreigner wanting to study in the UK.

international students pay A LOT more for university here than local or even students from other states.

Yeah, same here... to give an example, UK students pay £1,100 per year (regardless of which university they're at). A foreign student, even just from Ireland as my flat-mate was, will maybe pay £10,000 per year.

The costs may have gone up, but this was how it was when I was at uni a few years ago.

I think the thing to remember is that anyone who is studying in a foreign country probably has a lot of money behind them due to the costs of relocating and the fact they won't be eligible for any government assistance in the country of study.

There were a few Chinese students on my course at Uni and they were loaded, not because Chinese people are loaded because obviously that isn't the case. But because you have to be wealthy to be a foreigner wanting to study in the UK.

Oh come on, you know that's not true. I was initially going to study abroad but got denied at the last minute and my family is not wealthy by any means.

Oh come on, you know that's not true. I was initially going to study abroad but got denied at the last minute and my family is not wealthy by any means.

oh yeah but that was one semester on an exchange... I'm talking about the students doing their entire degree in the UK.

Archived