Bulge in pants - good or bad?

Mark_h

Simple question - I just started running, and it's a question that, em, came up naturally. I always go very early in the morning so there is nobody about in case of embarrassment.

Do people:

1) - freak out and think it's disgusting

2) - find it funny

3) - find it offensive

4) - find that they take a second look

?

I normally don't look in that region.. I kind of doubt people would notice, especially if you're running outside. If I did notice, I would probably just look away & try not to think about it. So I guess my reaction is "none of the above".

Try wearing looser shorts & a longer shirt.

I seriously don't even look. If I see someone running in my direction we might just smile or the person might nod, but my eyes are on the road ahead, s I probably wouldn't even see it.

It's kind of normal I guess, but you can always wear looser joggers.

Or you can simply not care about it, and when a good looking girl passes by give her a sexy wink Man just relax, don't worry too much about what other people will think. Odds are they don't care, and if they do odds are you don't even know them, so who cares.

I seriously don't even look. If I see someone running in my direction we might just smile or the person might nod, but my eyes are on the road ahead, s I probably wouldn't even see it.

It's kind of normal I guess, but you can always wear looser joggers.

For some reason, it's comforting to know that people don't even notice. Looser joggers are a bit of a problem, as are tighter 'undergarments', for differing reasons of comfort.

I'd probably find it funny, if I'd noticed. But, like others were saying, if you're running you'd be going by way too fast for anyone to notice.

The running is the easiest part I guess. The resting and walking periods in between are where it might be noticed, but as I tend to go out early, there aren't many people around.

For some reason, it's comforting to know that people don't even notice. Looser joggers are a bit of a problem, as are tighter 'undergarments', for differing reasons of comfort.

Seriously don't even stress over it.

I'm not a guy, but I run either morning/night and see people at both times of the day, everyone is concentrated on their on trail and their running. Even if someone passes you, it's a 1-2 sec thing.

If it doesn't bother you, then who cares about what someone might think?

Do you mean you have a big unit or it stands at attention? There are support briefs and bike pants you can wear under your shorts if you are not feeling comfortable. I wouldn't notice if someone was running by

1 - Yes and 2 - No, running is not SUCH an exciting thing to do!

I never notice. Honestly. Unless I'm looking for it, I have no idea that it's happening. Even when I am looking for it, I typically can't tell either.

FOr me , if I see a woman running and she has large breasts (I don't see very many, is there a link?), then I might not be thinking about looking, but I would definitely notice that.

FOr me , if I see a woman running and she has large breasts (I don't see very many, is there a link?), then I might not be thinking about looking, but I would definitely notice that.

Well, breasts are sort of right out in the open and high up on the body. They are there to be noticed and designed specifically to attract men.

While the bulge is tucked behind fabric and sort of ambiguious. Is it there? Isn't it? Is it just a weird fold in the pants or the texture?

Most tops for women highlight the breasts while most pants for men sort of smooth over that area. Also, it is located lower down on the body and isn't in the line of vision.

I think women don't tend to notice men's bulges as men tend to notice woman's boobs. It's just one of those things you guys do.

Unless you're going out of your way to show yourself up, no one is ever going to care or notice. Rock what your mama gave you.

This reminds me of a Halloween I had once though. I told everyone that I was just too lazy to wear a costume, and I went out in a t-shirt and sweatpants.... with a strap-on underneath. I just pretended like I had no idea what was going on all night. It was quite a unique experience actually. Women were hardly shy about it. Not just stares, but fondling, etc. I think once you go through something like that, worrying about your morning jog is pretty pedestrian.

As a cyclist, I rock the lycra though, and from experience I can tell you that this only becomes a significant problem when a beautiful fellow cyclist lady decides that she wants to give you a ride home. That was almost embarrassing, but it was mostly just amusing.

Well, it's becomeing clear that I shouldn't really worry. I was mainly worried that women might think because of my size that I was trying to show off, when actually I can't really do much about it, just like women with large breasts. I don't know why, but even if I don't know the person, I would feel bad if they thought badly of me.

oh hell yea i notice!!!! i try not to check out 18 year old guys, that would just make me feel like a dirty old woman.

Just when I thought it was safe to go out, hahahaha! Though I do find that if anyone has looked in the past, they have been the 25-35 age group. People round my age don't seem to care or notice.

LOL, I've actually had this on my mind lately too. Normally I wear boxers, and there are no problems at all, however, when I play floor hockey I wear boxer briefs to keep my junk from bouncing around. The result is that it kinda 'bunches' the junk up into a rather noticeable package. It is a coed league, so I hope it isn't bothering anyone.

It always reminds of David Bowie in Labyrinth...

image removed

Archived