Am I missing something here...

I know I started another thread today and I am sorry for hogging the forum, but I have two problems weighing equally on my mind now.

Two weeks ago Monday I had a job interview that went really well. I read the job description for this job and it was like it was tailored to me. I heard there was only one other guy applying for it. So I figured I had a really good shot at it.

They told me they would let me know in two weeks either way. So I figured I would get a call Monday telling me if I got the job or not.

Today I checked the job postings on the newspaper website, and there's an ad for that job in the paper. So, obviously they didn't like me or the other guy well enough to hire either of us.

So here's my question... My roommate and his sister both told me I should do this. They both told me I should call on Monday and tell them I am still interested. To me, this seems like a terrible idea. It just seems like really bad job hunting etiquette and like a really desperate, awkward move. I told them both that and they told me that if I am not comfortable calling, I should send an email.

So, it doesn't seem right to me, but apparently I am no expert on this stuff because I've been unemployed since November. What do you all think? Is this a good idea?

If they want you they will call you.

people always say to call if show show you are eager, but really, when I've been in the interviewer side, I know who I want to hire. It's not like if someone calls, I'm going to all of a sudden decide to hire that person just because they call. It's obvious what they're trying to do.

Sometimes you go through interviews and none of them are what you want.

Sometimes they pay for several weeks of advertising at once...most newspaper jobs are scams where i live...could be alot of reasons.

It wasn't advertised in the paper to begin with though. It was just by luck that I happened upon it. I stopped in to fill out an app to work in this factory, even though I figured they weren't hiring, and the lady at the front desk told me they had this office job opening that I might be interested in. It really was completely by chance, because this job wasn't advertised in the paper before now.

it'll show your keen, confident enough to call back.......what have you got to loose? you already don't have the job? i say go for it, it'll be a learning experiene if anything

you should call and ask for feedback on why they thought you wern't suitable for the position, you maybe able to clarify something they have misunderstood and at the end of the conversation...tell them your still interested keen to learn and train and give full committment...if you un employed ask them to take you on voluntary for a couple of weeks if they don't like the way you work..you'll walk but if you shine at what you do...they'll take you on............either way you have nothing to loose....

it'll show your keen, confident enough to call back.......what have you got to loose? you already don't have the job? i say go for it, it'll be a learning experiene if anything

you should call and ask for feedback on why they thought you wern't suitable for the position, you maybe able to clarify something they have misunderstood and at the end of the conversation...tell them your still interested keen to learn and train and give full committment...if you un employed ask them to take you on voluntary for a couple of weeks if they don't like the way you work..you'll walk but if you shine at what you do...they'll take you on............either way you have nothing to loose....

I think if this is a retail position and you are 15 years old, then yes.

If not, it will just seem desperate and doing it because someone told you it would look good.

This is an executive job... I seriously doubt they will take anyone on a voluntary basis.

Archived