Would you really take them back?

Lets say you have only had one s.o. you're whole life and they leave you to be with someone else but then they come back saying they made a mistake. Would you honestly take them back? Add the fact that they are your first and only love. Would you rather just move on and find someone else? Rather than knowing you took someone back...the one person you have been with.

I think it all depends on how much you love them. People make mistakes. They'll need to understand it may take time for you to recover from the betrayal. So it also depends on their attitude in coming back. are they acting entitled or totally remorseful? It also will depend on how confident & comfortable you are in your own skin. A person who is insecure to begin with might have trouble getting over it.

If they left me for someone else, the door would be closed forever. I mistakenly broke up with you so I could shag someone else. Sorry buddy, the only mistake was that you came back thinking I would take you back.

If we broke up for other reasons and got back together years later after having both seen other people, different story (depending on the reasons for breaking up).

Just because they were the one and only one you've had doesn't mean anything. It was a learning experience, and you learned that he/she was missing something enough in your relationship to go off with someone else. Don't go back. Ever.

I think it all depends on how much you love them. People make mistakes. They'll need to understand it may take time for you to recover from the betrayal. So it also depends on their attitude in coming back. are they acting entitled or totally remorseful? It also will depend on how confident & comfortable you are in your own skin. A person who is insecure to begin with might have trouble getting over it.

And what if they come back, realise they were right in the first place and then run off with someone else?

I've been wondering this myself, while she didn't leave me for someone else, and even got off BC because she isn't having sex, I just keep thinking what will I do if she moves on and dates a few people and then comes back, I mean she was my first and only (I'm 21 she's 19) and the fact that we learned everything from each other has always been really special to me

Ok, if I was in the situation that was described, I would take him back in a heartbeat because I felt like I left my heart with him. Ah, but since life works in mysterious ways, he's done for in my book. I know that he could might as well have figured out that he had made a mistake but you can't take back almost five years in trying to figure out that you made a mistake (in my case). I'm happier with my new guy anyways and there's no mistaking that!

Lol why are there so many people bothering with this forum called, "Getting back together" ??

Why not? It's an interesting forum and I think most people who just got out of a LTR have a small bit hope that their ex will come back.

As for me, for the longest time I said that I would reject my ex if she tried to come back. I held fast for a few months when she contacted me, but a few weeks ago, I tried to make it work again. However, I was very paranoid and I wasn't sure of her intentions because she wouldn't answer my question about getting back together, so I gave up and told her that I was done. She said, "whatever, bye" and that was the last I heard from her.

I'm still confused by her, but it doesn't matter anymore as I'm ready to let go. I still miss her a bit, but it's fine, I'll live.

Lol why are there so many people bothering with this forum called, "Getting back together" ??

Well I think that not everyone is left for someone else, and so then there is still an interest in reconciliation and a possibility for trust in the future. But for me personally, after being in this situation, I don't think that I could trust them again to have a good relationship.

Archived