imani32

Thanks hero I decided I didn't want to pursue or figure all this stuff out. Not that he isn't worth it, but I don't feel up to the mind/emotional challenge. It makes sense for me to move on and let him be. If I caused all of that pain I don't want to risk or worry about inflicting that on him again. I told him in a kind way that presently I'm accepting that a friendship btwn us two isn't natural. That I wished him well and that I was not mad or angry and our credit was still good, but I shall move on and leave him alone. I didn't need or expect a response back because I am done!!

Life is short, our time has expired now its time to be free and prepare to be with someone else. Good luck with your situation and thanks for stopping by and responding to my post.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious...are you giving up because YOU don't want to risk getting hurt? Or, did you just come to the conclusion that you don't love him enough to pursue him? It seemed as if you were just not getting the response from him that you wanted, but honestly, if he took you back too quickly, it'd all seem too easy. I respect that he's been this way with you. You should as well. I believe he would not even respond or even initiate anything if he wasn't interested. You are going to do what you feel is right, but it's a real shame if you don't at least try. Perhaps a "I'm sorry that I walked away. If you ever decide you want to give it a second try, the door is open." Or, something to that effect. I don't know, I'd just hate to see you give up if you really do love him. Good luck!

• 5 months later...

Hello fellow readers,

It has been months since I posted or even provided an update. This thread was started back in March and so much has changed since then. The ex and I are really increasing our contact. He has even started initiating calls to me. His Sis took ill back in June and was given a few months to live (terminal cancer) and I began to reach out to him on a light contact basis. Letting him know I was there if he needed me for any reason. Once I heard the news of her pending demise I ramped up my efforts to be there for him as a friend. It started back in June and at this point I was initiating 100% of the contact he never initiated anything with me. Around July I got a little discouraged because I felt he was making no effort to reach out, but I continued onward. By the time August rolls around his Sis was going downhill fast. Then I noticed he started initating emails more and placing a call here and there. However, I still made most of the contact. Well as August progressed forward he was calling more and more. As for me, I stayed supportive and a good friend listening and praying with him. Well, she expired at the end of August and I was one of the first people he contacted with the sad news. I backed away for a few days because he was grieveing pretty bad over the loss then I started reaching out through text and calls and now he is reaching out to me. It is very mutual now. I still support him on a friendship level because I would never try to take advantage of his vulnerability. I am grateful that he wants me in his life and welcomes me through calling and sharing. He will even cry on the phone with me and share when he has really bad days. I continue to offer support and empathy. I feel positive progress is in store for us!!! HOw is everyone else doing?

Archived