Almost walked out on temp job last night...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight he pretty much went out of his way to make me look like an idiot in front of all his new employees, for one. I walked in and the office is full of people. They are all standing in a circle around his desk and he's talking to them. And I sat down at my desk on the other side of the room and I turned on the computer and the speakers were turned up, so the Windows start up noise went booming through the room. I always keep the sound turned down. I know sometimes he listens to music on Pandora when he's there alone. So, I am guessing he was doing that today and that's why the sound was up. He stopped talking and gave me a really dirty look. Then he announced to all his employees "Ladies, I want you to all take a good look. There is a perfect example of the kind of person I don't want working for me."

There was no call list on my desk, so I waited until he paused and I kind of gestured to him to get his attention, and he snapped "What!?" All I said was "The call list?..."

He grabbed the call list and came walking over to me and he's like "Can't you see I'm in the middle of something here? If you're going to keep interrupting us then go sit in the atrium." I couldn't tell if he was being entirely serious or not... He told me to take the laptop and the cordless phone he has out there. Then he gave me some stuff he wanted put onto an Excel spreadsheet. So I started heading out to the atrium and I was taking my chair with me and he told me to leave the chair. So I spent the evening sitting on the floor in the atrium doing a spreadsheet.

And my supposed replacement didn't show up. She called an hour after she was supposed to be there and told me she was sick and wouldn't be in.

I know anyone reading this thread is probably tired of hearing about this guy... But this thread is helping me deal with him. I'd rather post here then go to work and end up punching him. I am not a violent person and this ass isn't worth going to jail for.

I cannot believe this, HellFrost. I am so glad you didn't do what he wanted you to do. He would love to have you beat him up so he could press charges and then sue you.

What an evil man.

I was telling one of my friends on here last night that I can't believe the complete 180 this guy has done... If anyone would have asked me about him a week ago I wouldn't have had a bad word to say about him.

I don't know if he's on an ego trip because his business is expanding... Or if it's really a problem with his meds. If that's the case he needs to get his damn prescription filled before he hurts someone or someone hurts him.

I am also holding out for a loyalty bonus...

When that other girl quit he told me that if we both would have stayed with him until he no longer needed us, then we both would have gotten loyalty bonuses. He explained that since she quit now I will get her bonus and my bonus if I stay until he tells me I am done.

I've said before that he pays really well. So I am hoping this bonus will be worth the crap I've had to put up with lately.

Speaking of the girl who quit... This is the girl who robbed him afterwards. At the time that seemed like such a nasty thing for her to do. Now I almost want to go knock on her door just so I can shake her hand and tell her way to go.

I am also holding out for a loyalty bonus...

When that other girl quit he told me that if we both would have stayed with him until he no longer needed us, then we both would have gotten loyalty bonuses. He explained that since she quit now I will get her bonus and my bonus if I stay until he tells me I am done.

I've said before that he pays really well. So I am hoping this bonus will be worth the crap I've had to put up with lately.

Speaking of the girl who quit... This is the girl who robbed him afterwards. At the time that seemed like such a nasty thing for her to do. Now I almost want to go knock on her door just so I can shake her hand and tell her way to go.

OK, then stick it out for a week. If he didn't give me the bonus though, I'd go ape .

Things weren't as bad tonight... I went in, there are still a bunch of people there. I sat down, he walked over a few minutes later and said "Atrium, now."

I didn't even bother protesting. I think it's so juvenile that he's making me sit in the atrium. When I was walking out of the office he said "The office is for employees, you're just a temp."

Then when he sent all his new people on break this one girl came out into the atrium. This is how our conversation went...

Her "He's really mean to you."

Me "Yea."

Her "Wanna go have a drink sometime?"

Me "No."

Then, my boss from the office doorway says "He's got a girlfriend that's way too hot for him."

I didn't even know my boss was standing there.

HellFrost,

I never would have said this before this last post. But I thought it sounded fishy, him confiding in your girl like that at the bar. He has the flaming hots for her. And that is part of your problem.

This isn't the same person though. The guy who was talking to her at the bar is the guy who fired me from my full time job back in November.

I know it's probably confusing...

Just something interesting... don't know if anyone will see it, since this thread is old news now...

Tonight my boss came out into the Atrium, opened the door about half way, stood there with his back to me, and pissed. He didn't say anything to me before or after he did it. Maybe he had some urge to mark his territory or something.

Archived