Not ready for relationship

Betty79

I know thanks for all your advice kitty. It is hard as he wasn't always like this and I did really like him but yes I think enough is enough now and its prob time to let him go. I don't want to be thinking about this all over the christmas period. I want to be able to relax and enjoy myself.

Betty, you sound so vulnerable and hurt right now. That means its doubly important to stay away from someone who does not want a relationship with you.

Betty, you sound so vulnerable and hurt right now. That means its doubly important to stay away from someone who does not want a relationship with you.

I agree completely. It is in these vulnerable times we can make really bad choices (like seeing someone who is not good for us).

Casual goes like this:

"Betty79, I know you want an exclusive relationship with me, but I'm not there just yet. I really am enjoying getting to know you though. Can we continue to date for awhile and see how things go? I don't expect you to have sex with me unless/until we are exclusive."

It is then followed up with regular phone calls and dates.

Not wanting to be exclusive right away is one thing, but not calling for weeks is another story. Please don't accept that treatment from him.

cami

Archived