H1N1 Flu vaccine

Did you read that on Qaddafi's personal website? LOL (his speech at the UN, if anyone knows what I'm talking about)

Yes, obviously you can still get swine flu if you get the virus, but it should greatly reduces your chances. I don't know, I don't really understand the logic behind not getting it. I know there can be concerns about side effects, but so far looks like no more than any other vaccine. The benefits should far outweigh the costs.

Im unsure where I read it. I was on this website called Stumble Upon that advertises different websites people have found and it was on there. It said that in the past, governments would start wars to take peoples minds off things like recessions.....now they invented swine flu to take our minds off it LOL

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im unsure where I read it. I was on this website called Stumble Upon that advertises different websites people have found and it was on there. It said that in the past, governments would start wars to take peoples minds off things like recessions.....now they invented swine flu to take our minds off it LOL

Really, it was a slow news day in that sense.

The swine flu, just like ever other flu strain, originitated through mutations through both birds, pigs, and people.

Remember that avian flu that everyone was freaking out about? That was a mutation that came about in birds. We are constantly exchaning viruses and mutations of those viruses with birds and pigs.

This is why areas where people are in close proximity to pigs and chickens, are often the first areas to experience new strains. During war time, the flu usually spikes. This is for two reasons. 1) Cultures that normally would not be in proximity (like english and americans holding up in germany) would now exchange local strains. 2) To support the troops, pigs and chicekns were often raised close to the living quaters.

Do you refuse yourself and your son anti-persperant? It too contains aluminum which has been linked to causing alzhemers

Vaccines are not all they are cracked up to be. There are dangerous things in almost everything man made. Injecting another poison because hey we already have them in our environment is not something that works for me.

Also too my son already shows autistic tendancies...why inject more poison.

That worries me...Like what specifically is in the vaccine, do you know?

The Hep B shot contains aluminum, it outright told me in the phamplet, scary enough. That is only what they ARE telling you. I would have to find the phamplet again, but I am sure it does not tell me all that is there.

I'm not getting the H1N1 vaccine..but I am getting my regular flu shot today after work..as is my boyfriend and the rest of my significant family.

Nothing against the swine flu vaccine but I just don't feel like pushing and shoving my way in line to get one even though I work in healthcare. I'll take my chances - it's as simple as washing my hands multiple times a day and many squirts of hand sanitizer.

The Hep B shot contains aluminum, it outright told me in the phamplet, scary enough. That is only what they ARE telling you. I would have to find the phamplet again, but I am sure it does not tell me all that is there.

I meant for the swine flu vaccine...

Seriously, I do not know one person in real life that has swine flu. The other shot they wanted the kids to get was for meningitis. I have only known one person in my whole life to have that and it was bacterial not viral. The only person I know to have had Hep was my dad and it was Hep A when he was a kid. So, that there are reams of disease out there that are raging around us seems silly.

Odd....because my gran got the flu jab and was ill with flu, shortly after...

The normal flu jab that was.

She also may have picked up a virus prior to getting the shot. It generally takes some time after exposure before people start showing symptoms.

There's some latin saying for this, but I don't remember it...basically the gist of it is along the lines of "just because events happen sequentially doesn't mean the first event caused the second."

I'm not getting the H1N1 vaccine..but I am getting my regular flu shot today after work..as is my boyfriend and the rest of my significant family.

Nothing against the swine flu vaccine but I just don't feel like pushing and shoving my way in line to get one even though I work in healthcare. I'll take my chances - it's as simple as washing my hands multiple times a day and many squirts of hand sanitizer.

I'm addicted to my hand sanitizer. Im not one for pushing either...work is offering it...They are a real germ-scared workplace. Hand sanitizer dispensers at like every hallway. Never worked for a place(other than food industry) where they were so conscious about germs.

I'm addicted to my hand sanitizer. Im not one for pushing either...work is offering it...They are a real germ-scared workplace. Hand sanitizer dispensers at like every hallway. Never worked for a place(other than food industry) where they were so conscious about germs.

Sanitizers really don't do anything.

You are so much better off just washing your hands with soap and water.

Some vaccines are a god send. Small pox has been completely eliminated from this planet (except for two freezers. one in moscow. The other in atlanta) because of vaccines.

I never had that vaccine although it was given when I was a child. I do not believe it is given any longer maybe since the late 70's.

Ohh yes. We have wipes made to specifically kill strains of the flu, viruses and even Hep. which i've been wiping things down like crazy. Unfortunately our work isn't offering anything - even though we're the biggest healthcare group in friggin' Texas. Even if they did offer the h1n1 shot, I wouldn't take it..I just feel it was made WAY too fast..and even though the FDA and WHO approved it..there has to be flaws in it.

Sanitizers really don't do anything.

You are so much better off just washing your hands with soap and water.

I dont substitute washing hands with sanitizer. But when I cannot wash my hands(which is pretty often) i use sanitizer.

I dont get sick much so it must be doing something.

I never had that vaccine although it was given when I was a child. I do not believe it is given any longer maybe since the late 70's.

It isn't given any longer since there are no longer freeliving virus of small pox.

However, there is a large stockpile. Enough for the entire united states.

Polio was also erradicated through vaccine. This generation will never know the horrors of polio because of vaccines.

There is the fact sheet for the vaccine, available on the CDC website. Doesn't say much about what's in it apart from thimerosal and the inactivated virus.

I'm sure it depends on where you live ... I'm on a college campus and there have been 260 cases of swine flu on campus, for a community of about 6000 . I personally know several people who've gotten it, including a girl who got pneumonia as well (she's fine and set to recover by tomorrow).

I feel sure the low incidence of diseases for which vaccines are available is in no small part due to the existence and administration of the vaccines.

I dont substitute washing hands with sanitizer. But when I cannot wash my hands(which is pretty often) i use sanitizer.

I dont get sick much so it must be doing something.

I agree. They work by using high concentrations of alcohol - alcohol does kill bacteria..not all..but a lot. If they didn't work why would they be approved for use in hospitals? I use a combination of the two.

Personally I would get it, because there has been no evidence that it would do you any harm, and it would at least offer some protection.

You getting it is your decision, but it's wrong to think there's no risk inherent behind a vaccination. An injection of a substance unknown by you into your body should be cause for at least some skepticism. In ANY mass production of a good, there's a likelihood that a defect may occur every once in a while. Case in point, the Baxter debacle:

link removed

And if that doesn't convince you that maybe vaccines are over-rated, consider this: The flu strain is constantly changing. Since it takes a long time to develop a vaccine, chances the strain it is based on will become outdated by the time you receive it. If there's any reason why we haven't come up with vaccines for the common cold, this is it.

But it's so much easier to scare people concerning the flu than the common cold you see, even though the H1N1 virus has proven to be mild at best. I don't think it should come as a surprise to anyone how there are billions of dollars at stake here with the marketing of this particular vaccine, and the cozy relationship that exists between the government and Big Pharma. Take their warnings of "pandemic" with a grain of salt.

There are better ways to arming yourself against this disease than trusting in an unnatural method via the syringe (or those new sniffer sprays). There's now growing evidence that shows how plain vitamin D (which the body produces from exposure to sunlight) can be a remarkable defense toward the flu, and that most Americans are deficient in in it:

link removed

It isn't given any longer since there are no longer freeliving virus of small pox.

However, there is a large stockpile. Enough for the entire united states.

Polio was also erradicated through vaccine. This generation will never know the horrors of polio because of vaccines.

Yes, I know why they do not give it anymore.

Archived