H1N1 Flu vaccine

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They contain mercury, no thanks.

MMR contains no mercury. And it protects against diseases that are known to harm children and KILL adults. The older you get when you contract these three, the more dangerous it is.

Tetanus contains mercury but far less than any dose that would harm you.

Do you not eat any seafood either?

A serving of shrimp or talipia would contain more mercury than a tetanus shot (which is given once every 10 years)

I think I'm going to have to agree with CC here. Where my aunt lives there is currently a big anti-vaccine movement. Her 3 week old baby caught whooping cough because you can't give a kid the vaccine under 1 month old. He was sooo sick and he nearly died. He was puking up blood for weeks. So horrible

It's usually fine if the odd parent doesn't give their kid vaccines because they basically freeload off everyone else. But when huge movements start, then it becomes very dangerous. Generally the negative outcomes of getting the vaccines are nowhere near as bad as if no one got them.

Here's a table that shows you which vaccines contain mercury or thimerosal:

link removed

If you have a great immune system, why would you bother? On the off chance that you do get it, I've heard that it's pretty much like a regular flu-bad for some, mild for others.

Personally, I've never had a flu that I can recall. I've also been exposed to swine flu a lot since there is a high incidence of swine flu on my campus. I'm still healthy though.

Wash your hands, don't touch your eyes or nose areas, and avoid coughers...

If you have a great immune system, why would you bother? On the off chance that you do get it, I've heard that it's pretty much like a regular flu-bad for some, mild for others.

Personally, I've never had a flu that I can recall. I've also been exposed to swine flu a lot since there is a high incidence of swine flu on my campus. I'm still healthy though.

Wash your hands, don't touch your eyes or nose areas, and avoid coughers...

I dont live too far from you...and we have quite the outbreak here. I'm living with everyone who got it, but for some reason it really didn't affect me.

I see this post has now gravitated towards whether vaccines in general are worth the cost. I'll dive in anyway and risk of spiraling off-topic. Note, I'm no health professional whatsoever. That being said, my position on all vaccines is that their effectiveness is difficult to appreciate and that there is always a risk of side-effects, poisoning (as Victoria66 mentioned), and cross-contamination given that humans produce them at a mass scale.

I've already talked about the second point before, so I'll just stick with the first: I want to to say that I used to think that cases of Small Pox were largely reduced thanks to vaccination programs in the U.S. and other countries. However, like Victoria66 I was never vaccinated against Small Pox; the same is the case for a major chunk of the U.S. population. So what's keeping Small Pox from coming back, pray tell? The answer has everything to do with the virus's transmission. It turns out Small Pox isn't "spread in the air" as some other viral infections are (although it can be transmitted by saliva, coughing, etc). In fact, it's very difficult for most viruses to survive without a host of some sort, which leads me and many others to suspect that it wasn't vaccination that triumphed over Small Pox but rather the eradication of the hosts themselves through better sanitation and hygiene practices.

The same can be said for viral Hepatitis A, B, and C. Even if vaccines are truly effective and don't become outdated, they aren't necessary to prevent exposure. Again, good hygiene and sanitation play a huge role in disease prevention; simply go to the most heavily polluted areas on Earth and see the difference between their world and ours. From their perspective, vaccinations are ironically just addressing the symptoms of an even bigger societal issue: waste management. Hell, I highly doubt vaccinations would do much good anyway for them given how viral Hepatitis is strictly the inflammation/damaging of the liver by a virus, for which there are MANY of them. Many, I will add, that are likely unknown to us in the first place.

link removed

link removed

Hey guys....I dont want to hijack this thread, but it is related.

My son's pediatrician recommeded that he get the H1N1 vaccine. What do you all think about this vaccine for a 6 month old. We agreed to go ahead and vaccinate him for the regular flu and we did that yesterday. Doc said that infants his age run a very high risk of pneumonia when they have the flu. So, what do you think of vaccinating a 6 month old? (note: we live in an area where the swine flu is running rampant)

Hey guys....I dont want to hijack this thread, but it is related.

My son's pediatrician recommeded that he get the H1N1 vaccine. What do you all think about this vaccine for a 6 month old. We agreed to go ahead and vaccinate him for the regular flu and we did that yesterday. Doc said that infants his age run a very high risk of pneumonia when they have the flu. So, what do you think of vaccinating a 6 month old? (note: we live in an area where the swine flu is running rampant)

I would definitely get it for your child.

Swine flu is just a different strain of the regular flu. This vaccine is nothing different than the vaccine given every year for the flu. It is just specific to swine flu while the reuglar flu vaccine in a cocktail of vaccines for the 3 or 4 top predicted strains to hit that year.

Swine flu is rampant here. It's basically like the regular flu. But, because no one has had this strain before, everyone got it. It was 2 days of being ill with fever, aches, and tiredness.

I didnt know that either! So, it's not a shot at all??

From what I've just read now it looks like there are 2 types. A shot and a nasal spray.

It looks like it's only approved for kids over 2 years old though. You might want to check with his doctor to see if this is still the case.

link removed

CC , I had to leave this conversation yesterday. The so called 1% that you say is affected by vaccines( I believe it is more), one of that percentage is MY SON. Thankfully I guess yours were not affected, be happy in that. The MMR vaccine has trace of mercury and it also contains chicken,bovine and human embyro material( I find human embryo in anything personally repugnant) as well as an antibiotic. You are also hitting a growing body with THREE viruses at the same time.Before the 1980's these were done in single shots spaced apart. It was put together for convience and money considerations, not for health reasons.

Maybe some people are ok with that 1% and it is also easier to talk about when it is not their child. However for me to watch my son suffer socially everyday, and have other kids ask him "What is the matter with you? Why are you weird?" Have him beaten by some classmates (he still has a scar) because he is "weird" makes me SO angry you have no idea. It affects every part of his life.

For those who say, yeah well we have poisons in the environment anyway, so what's a little more for the sake of not catching a disease. Yeah, I know we have environmental toxins, but I try the best I can to avoid those as much as I can, but it does not mean I am going to inject my child with them now that I know better.

I am not telling you to not inject your kids, I am telling you to look into it more.

Why I don't trust the CDC to give the straight facts:

link removed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Can the nasal spray flu vaccine give you the flu?

Unlike the flu shot, the nasal spray flu vaccine does contain live viruses. However, the viruses are attenuated (weakened) and cannot cause flu illness. The weakened viruses are cold-adapted, which means they are designed to only cause infection at the cooler temperatures found within the nose. The viruses cannot infect the lungs or other areas where warmer temperatures exist. Some children and young adults 2 years to 17 years of age have reported experiencing mild reactions after receiving seasonal nasal spray flu vaccine, including runny nose, nasal congestion or cough, chills, tiredness/weakness, sore throat and headache. Some adults 18 years to 49 years of age have reported runny nose or nasal congestion, cough, chills, tiredness/weakness, sore throat and headache. These side effects are mild and short-lasting, especially when compared to symptoms of influenza infection."

What side effects are associated with the nasal-spray flu vaccine?

In children, side effects can include runny nose, headache, wheezing, vomiting, muscle aches, and fever. In adults, side effects can include runny nose, headache, sore throat, and cough. Fever is not a common side effect in adults receiving the nasal spray flu vaccine."

Who should not be vaccinated with the 2009 H1N1 nasal-spray flu vaccine LAIV?

Certain people should not get a nasal spray flu vaccine, including the 2009 H1N1 nasal spray vaccine. This includes:

* People younger than 2 years of age;

* Pregnant women;

* People 50 years of age and older;

* People with a medical condition that places them at higher risk for complications from influenza, including those with chronic heart or lung disease, such as asthma or reactive airways disease; people with medical conditions such as diabetes or kidney failure; or people with illnesses that weaken the immune system, or who take medications that can weaken the immune system;

* Children younger than 5 years old with a history of recurrent wheezing; "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So let me get this straight. Influenza is defined as "an illness caused by viruses that infect the respiratory tract." (source: link removed). Symptoms include fever, cough, vomiting, nausea, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, headache, muscle aches and fatigue, which can all last up to two weeks assuming your immune system is okay (source: link removed).

Thus, what we have here is a blatantly misleading description of what the H1N1 nasal spray actually does according to the CDC. Sounds to me that if these "side-effects" are typical to the spray, that the spray is in effect causing influenza. No surprise why they warn against giving it to kids younger than 2 or adults older than 50, and people with lung-related complications or diabetes or weak immune systems; those groups have a higher chance of dying from the flu than most! And what exactly is "short-lasting" about these symptoms? Two weeks? The CDC doesn't even say. At least they were honest enough to admit that it contains live viruses.

At the very least, get a second opinion. Personally, I don't feel comfortable with vaccinations in general, especially multiple vaccinations within a short period of time for a 6 month old. But that's just me.

I am not telling you to not inject your kids, I am telling you to look into it more.

And I won't tell you to inject your kids. I'm just telling you to look into it more.

By not injecting your kids, you are putting them into danger.

I had an aunt die of a small pox vaccine long ago when she was a child. However, she had a preset condition that caused the negative reaction. Her death was far better than the horror of small pox. And, if we were to stop vaccinations, we would be left with far less children than we would if we were to take the minute risk of giving injections.

And I won't tell you to inject your kids. I'm just telling you to look into it more.

I had an aunt die of a small pox vaccine long ago when she was a child. However, she had a preset condition that caused the negative reaction. Her death was far better than the horror of small pox. And, if we were to stop vaccinations, we would be left with far less children than we would if we were to take the minute risk of giving injections.

I do not feel they are minute.

I have looked into it and I do not believe a lot of what the government likes to feed us as gospel.

My friend's husband is one of the men who puts together the vaccine for the flu virus each year.

I have personally met the man responsible for the polio vaccine.

I assure you. None of this is gospel. And nothing about vaccines are government conspiracies.

Oh jesus @ government conspiracies. My aunt is convinced that the H1N1 vaccine is for 'population control'.

She's "just waiting for the side effect to be permanent infertility".

Oh jesus @ government conspiracies. My aunt is convinced that the H1N1 vaccine is for 'population control'.

She's "just waiting for the side effect to be permanent infertility".

Not that I know of anything of the side effects of the drug being infertility... but there is cause for that, and it's not government conspiracy... it's just stupidity.

Many involved women feminists feel weighted down by having to bear kids, so drugs keep coming out that make women have less and less periods a year until you can take a drug that will make you infertile. There is already one that has women having 4 periods a year...

I'm sorry, I don't like BC(not that I'm a woman) but my fiance was so much better off in mood and health when she stopped using it... it's not natural, and of course side effects will eventually catch up if this cause to eventually make women lose the ability to have kids is made into drug.

Archived