H1N1 Flu vaccine

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You getting it is your decision, but it's wrong to think there's no risk inherent behind a vaccination. An injection of a substance unknown by you into your body should be cause for at least some skepticism. In ANY mass production of a good, there's a likelihood that a defect may occur every once in a while. link removed

I have to agree with this. I have previously gotten flu shots because I worked in a classroom with 5 year-olds, and most children haven't perfected the skills of covering your mouth when you cough and washing your hands. I never got sick from the shots, but some people do.

Every time I got the flu shot, the nurse gave me a sheet full of information regarding the shot, including the side effects. Even though you may not have a mess like the aformentioned case, there are definitely side effects that can occur with every vaccine.

As for the OP's case, I would consider the risks and benefits. I am skeptical of the H1N1 shot because it doesn't seem like something produced this quickly could have been tested enough to be proven safe. My father works in a pharmecutical company, and it takes a good 20 years to get many pills on the market, and even though a vaccine may take less time to test and get approval, I am always skeptical when the vaccines seem to be reactive rather than carefully researched and tested.

I personally would not get it unless you are in a high-risk group or you work with sick people on a daily basis.

I am not taking it. I don't have a great immune system but I don't really want to take something that just came off the shelf. Also, I have got the flu shot and it just gives me the flu, worse than when i just catch it normally, so I would probably get it with the shot.

Also, I have known people who have had the swine flu and they just felt achy and sick, but on the other end people get just a really bad flu.

So all down to it unless you are a person that this would make you deathly ill, in my opinion, don't get it.

I work at a school with 2 year olds on up, I found out that one of the kids whom I was around a lot, has the swine flu. So far there is no one else with it. Also the kid just has to stay in quarantine for a week and then he'll be fine. So really unless you are in those high risk I think your fine. Then I know a girl that cant be around her baby for a whole month cause she has it. So it just depends on the case reacts different to different poeple

One last thing, Viruses are always changing. I mean the normal flu has changed multiple time and the flu shots are usually to protect against the last years flu, but what about this year. I say float it out, not worth it.

There is also this idea that humanity "should" be disease free, in the pursuit of that using many many drugs and vaccines and antibiotics we have created some VERY nasty virus' and bacterias we have no way to rid ourselves of. This is because we OVERUSE them.We will always have some illness to live with. However, we could chose to live more naturally and stop poisioning ourselves and the environment.

Im 22...I have a great immune system...No medical problems

Should I get the swine flu vaccine? Theyre giving them out at work this week and im kind of anxious about it. I just read an article on MSN about the swine flu vaccine giving you swine flu and that its just a false rumor. Which was the main reason i didnt want to get it. So now that my main reason for not getting it is found to be false...I'm in limbo.

I'm 23, and I haven't been sick in over 2 years...

My immune system is awesome(how I don't know).

Either way, I wouldn't get the H1N1... I've been hearing a lot of bad things, and researched the past.

Plus, just the other day... found out a pregnant woman in my workplace(in my office, so I know her personally) had to go get the shot because it was recommended for pregnant women... she's been out sick since the other day--claiming she hasn't felt good since she got the shot.

There is also this idea that humanity "should" be disease free, in the pursuit of that using many many drugs and vaccines and antibiotics we have created some VERY nasty virus' and bacterias we have no way to rid ourselves of. This is because we OVERUSE them.We will always have some illness to live with. However, we could chose to live more naturally and stop poisioning ourselves and the environment.

I agree. We use all these vaccines and we make our bodies week, our bodies start getting immune to these drugs and not to the illness! Soon we have those super bugs popping out and our body isn't able to protect itself.

Either way, I wouldn't get the H1N1... I've been hearing a lot of bad things, and researched the past.

Plus, just the other day... found out a pregnant woman in my workplace(in my office, so I know her personally) had to go get the shot because it was recommended for pregnant women... she's been out sick since the other day--claiming she hasn't felt good since she got the shot.

As a pregnant woman I would not have let ANYTHING enter my body that was not proven to me 100% safe. I did not take a single thing, not even a tylenol when pregnant.

I know they wont let you in the hospitals if you haven't had the shot. I think that is awful. While you are pregnant you shouldn't be getting shot up.

They say their helping but I don't know, forcing people to take it really isn't helpful.

I know they wont let you in the hospitals if you haven't had the shot. I think that is awful. While you are pregnant you shouldn't be getting shot up.

They say their helping but I don't know, forcing people to take it really isn't helpful.

The thing IS people are going to get sick. It is a fact of life. All we are doing is replacing old diseases with new ones.

Seriously, I do not know one person in real life that has swine flu. The other shot they wanted the kids to get was for meningitis. I have only known one person in my whole life to have that and it was bacterial not viral. The only person I know to have had Hep was my dad and it was Hep A when he was a kid. So, that there are reams of disease out there that are raging around us seems silly.

To be honest, I dont know one person who has had it either....

I've heard people have it, but don't know anyone personally that has had it.

Also I've heard, that while one person in a family has been affected, it has not affected the rest...

Tony Blairs wife had it apparently....but he didnt get it and neither did their kids.

For one thng, superbugs are caused by bacteria not by viruses.

We can't overuse vaccines and then develope superbugs.

The developing of superbugs is by overusing antibiotics. However, immunity to anitbiotics are inevitable and always have been. The medical community is trying its best to stop the abuse of antibiotics, which will slow down the mutation of bacteria but not stop it.

No longer is MRSA a problem. VRSA is the real threat now. In two years it will be something else once we have developed an anti-biotic that gets rid of VRSA.

For one thng, superbugs are caused by bacteria not by viruses.

We can't overuse vaccines and then develope superbugs.

The developing of superbugs is by overusing antibiotics. However, immunity to anitbiotics are inevitable and always have been. The medical community is trying its best to stop the abuse of antibiotics, which will slow down the mutation of bacteria but not stop it.

No longer is MRSA a problem. VRSA is the real threat now. In two years it will be something else once we have developed an anti-biotic that gets rid of VRSA.

Yes, I know what antibiotics are for.

I would still rather not poison my son.

I can't believe that you see vaccines as poison.

Some people have bad side effects. I'm talking less than 1% of the population has anything bad happen to them.

Yet, vaccines have literally made our standard of living far better than what they were before. We live in a world without small pox, polio, yellow fever, mumps, measles, rubella, and an assortment of other horrors.

Your view of vaccines as "poison" is very overdramatic and false.

I can't believe that you see vaccines as poison.

Some people have bad side effects. I'm talking less than 1% of the population has anything bad happen to them.

Yet, vaccines have literally made our standard of living far better than what they were before. We live in a world without small pox, polio, yellow fever, mumps, measles, rubella, and an assortment of other horrors.

Your view of vaccines as "poison" is very overdramatic and false.

It is however my opinion.

i would not recommend it, no one knows how much understanding we now have of swine flu. there are a lot of ppl who caught swine flu six yrs ago in Asia, some of them were saved with some kind of medicine, then after a few years, all of them suffered a bad side affect.

Archived