I'm happy cause I found some therapy from some specialized people

1MoreChance

hi

so I had another psychiatric evaluation that I asked for from a BPD and Bipolar disorder expert. He said I don't have BPD (though the previous psychiatrist said I had borderline traits "mild to moderate"). He doesn't thik I have BPD because I don't cut, I don't have risky/impulsive/super self-destructive behavior and I have never tried to kill myself. he says it sounds like I have a personality disorder NOS (=not otherwise specified), and that this means I have problems with identity, mood regulation, and relatoinships and he says it doesn't sound like I have Bipolar II. he really pinpointed my sensitivity to rejection.

he says that at the hospital they have group and individual therapy and that they would further evaluate me and invite me into their program. when I got home today after work I had a msg from the hospital asking to call back to make an appointment.

I'm happy about it, maybe finally I will get the proper help that i so need. I think I am ready to accept it too. I just hope they can help me, I'm scared it woun't work out well and I'll always feel the way I feel now (exhausted, depressed, scared and alone).

That is great that you found someone you feel will be helpful to you.

Something you may want to look into if you are the type that likes to read is to do some reading on Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT).

Here is a link to link removed on google books - you can read a lot of the book for free on google books.

DBT is very useful for lots of different problems - especially the ones you mentioned - mood regulation and relationships.

Good luck!

Archived