Enduring Labor = Pride?

Batya33

But to the women who have had an epidural, didn't it freak you out when you couldn't feel your legs?!

No, I knew what to expect, so it didn't freak me out. It's an unusual sensation though! That was the only place my epidural worked- my legs.

At my hospital it is standard practice to catheterize everyone who has a epi because it causes bladder retention.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're right, Hers, you can bond with your child intensely no matter how he or she came to you.

link removed

This is really true. I experienced motherhood as one night I was a single person with no children, next morning I had a three year old in my face asking me for cih-weee-uhhl. LOL.

My little one has Reactive Attachment Disorder. She was biologically my niece and I adopted her after she was in foster care for a while. It took about three years but now we're bonded really strongly. I feel like I just fell in love with her and she suddenly turned into the most special, most beautiful, most gifted child in the world. I keep that one on the down-low though don't want her getting too excited. LOL.

People are getting a little too excited over raising children these days. We ought to try and keep it simple and avoid giving them over-inflated egos. It's like reproduction is so thought-out that people obsess over every step of the process, as though they're trying to perfect the assembly line. LOL.

Oh well! To each their own, right?! I think a lot of people don't get that while pregnancy, labor, and delivery are important, focusing on them after they're over is a lot like obsessing about the wedding that you already went through. I feel like parenting is much harder. Of course, that's *entirely* subjective, I have not been pregnancy. But nineteen years (or a lifetime) compared to nine months, well, that's *hard*.

Archived