How do I become mentally equal?

sanadee

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I right? Are you a 30 year old male who lives with his parents? You yourself said that you cannot function in society. By repeating yourself and ignoring every answer on this thread, you are displaying tendencies of the mentally retarded.

lol... the whole concept of mental "retardation" is just something made up by doctors. most medical conditions are.

Now, i don't live in the USA. in my own culture, living at home in 30 is commonplace. besides, i do not possess the financial means to leave home. is living within one's own financial means, coupled with not adhering to the "social norm" of one's society symptoms of mental illness? or does is it mental retardation in the USA to live at home at 30, but not in other parts of the world? last i heard, human beings were all the same species.

as for answering the same question continually, well so what? there is no reason why i can't be mentally equal, and all it requires is counselling and surgery (if necessary, but i doubt a "doctor" would agree). saying i should question everything? pah. nobody questions anything, and knowledge comes to them by default. last i checked, i was a human being too, so why not to me by default?

how other people live their lives is their own business. if people have an issue with that, they need counselling to manage to normal rigours of life.

I didn't see anyone here argue that.

someone is born with brown eyes due to genetics. If you are arguing that your condition is genetic then I'm afraid there's not much you can do to change that.

Again: how do you know that I and all the other people in the world have knowledge "by default" - you know nothing about me really, so you shouldn't presume to make a statement like that.

If you think you need counseling - then just go. But try to have an open mind and not insult the doctor, just because (s)he has a medical degree.

I don't know what kind of surgery you are imagining, but there is none that will give you ad hoc knowledge.

One day soon we might have treatments available to enhance the architectural structure of the brain, however you still will need to activate your networks by ACTIVITY, i.e. you still have to learn/ teach yourself - that is just the nature of the brain. Nothing anyone can do about it.

This whole post is very articulate and well written. Someone who is not mentally equal probably would not have had the wherewithall to compose such an astute response.

My conclusion...the OP is trying to spark attention, debate and adversity.

so? i'm articulate, big deal. i don't see how this point is of pertinence here.

well nobody has offered a reason why i shouldn't be mentally equal. i am just looking at a way of advancing; nobody/nothing in life is static.

again, what is with the dithering? the points/rationale being presented here is not rational.

I think the problem is that most people in this thread do not understand what you mean. You seem to be well spoken and mentally stable.

Can you give examples of areas in your life where you do not think you know as much as other people? What are some real-life situations you've encountered lately where you have felt mentally unequal? Try to be as specific as possible.

"the power of now" - ekhart.. great book.

I dont read much, but it helped a lot with my spirituality, and letting go of the past/future.

Live in the moment...

Excercise

Help Others

Get good sleep

Eat Well

Hang out with trusting friends

Talk about your problems

Etc.. you get the idea

well nobody has offered a reason why i shouldn't be mentally equal. i am just looking at a way of advancing; nobody/nothing in life is static.

again, what is with the dithering? the points/rationale being presented here is not rational.

I have come to see that sanadee is indeed not mentally equal. The deficiency appears to be on the emotional/social dimension, rather than any intellectual or knowledge-based one. My reasons are my observations wrought from this forum. Sanadee has given me no reason why I should dither along with him within his endless cycle of alleged self-pity.
Again: how do you know that I and all the other people in the world have knowledge "by default" - you know nothing about me really, so you shouldn't presume to make a statement like that.

If you think you need counseling - then just go. But try to have an open mind and not insult the doctor, just because (s)he has a medical degree.

I don't know what kind of surgery you are imagining, but there is none that will give you ad hoc knowledge.

why not?

One day soon we might have treatments available to enhance the architectural structure of the brain, however you still will need to activate your networks by ACTIVITY, i.e. you still have to learn/ teach yourself - that is just the nature of the brain. Nothing anyone can do about it.

is this just the beliefs of medical professionals?

I think the problem is that most people in this thread do not understand what you mean. You seem to be well spoken and mentally stable.

Can you give examples of areas in your life where you do not think you know as much as other people? What are some real-life situations you've encountered lately where you have felt mentally unequal? Try to be as specific as possible.

it happens everyday.

everyday, i learn something which everyone else knows, and i always look the fool.

"the power of now" - ekhart.. great book.

I dont read much, but it helped a lot with my spirituality, and letting go of the past/future.

Live in the moment...

Excercise

Help Others

Get good sleep

Eat Well

Hang out with trusting friends

Talk about your problems

Etc.. you get the idea

i don't believe in spirituality.

I have come to see that sanadee is indeed not mentally equal. The deficiency appears to be on the emotional/social dimension, rather than any intellectual or knowledge-based one. My reasons are my observations wrought from this forum. Sanadee has given me no reason why I should dither along with him within his endless cycle of alleged self-pity.

How am I feeling sorry for myself? I just want to improve my life, what is wrong in that?

i'm sorry, but there is no reason why i can't be mentally equal. who is it hurting? nobody.

Of course there's no reason you can't be. however, the only thing keeping you from being mentally equal is you. We have given many suggestions on how you can become mentally equal. You have turned them all down, saying you don't believe in them, or that they are dumb ideas. You want to complain, but not actually improve yourself. That is all.

Archived