How do I become mentally equal?

sanadee

well then, ask questions. ask questions about yourself that you dont want the answers to. if you act one way ask why, then identify with others. ask the meaning behind behaviors, learn more from other resources.

identify traits and behavior patterns in yourself and others. take note of everything.

introspection and projection.

brutal honesty. strip yourself down and accept all criticisms as a possibility at minimum. have no shame, finger and salt wounds. never stop wanting to learn. never stop wanting to improve.

accept that there will never be a plateau.

learn to identify and destroy denial. accept the idea that your SUBconcious is hiding things from you at all times.

reflect this reflect that, and project and transfer. and most importantly.. listen to others. absorb everything and analyze everything.

listen.

and there you go. mental improvement.

equality is something that cant really be measured though.

why should i do this, when knowledge comes to others by default? did you "read a book" to learn all of the above?

again, what makes me different?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why should i do this, when knowledge comes to others by default? did you "read a book" to learn all of the above?

again, what makes me different?

no. i read no book. my personality dictates that i operate that way. as a result you could say that i am your mental superior despite being 22.

its not all glitter, and this 'advantage' is more of a vice.

it also comes from an overanalytical, overly aware, and controlling nature.

its not something i can shut off. although its fading out in time.

most believe its better to be kept in the dark about all the things you want to become aware of.

what makes you different? possibly that before now you only looked at obvious details and never really paid attention to them. just kind of floated through life and lived 'on the skin of the water'

people like me can't do that because as a defense my mind is wired to understand, learn, and grow in order to protect myself. so I live down below.

i don't believe that. everybody has knowledge by default, so why not me?

why?

read the part in bold.

its because apparently you dont know when to listen. which means you never understood when to start learning.

knowledge isnt hardwired, its earned through paying attention and being open minded. Racists never learned not to be racist. They chose not to learn to accept others.

Just as you are chosing not to learn to.. learn. *shrug*

so thats why sanadee. thats exactly why.

i don't believe that. everybody has knowledge by default, so why not me?
I disagree. I really don't think anyone comes out of the womb with any knowledge by default, except the parasympathetic stuff like the beating of the heart, breathing, looking at shiny, colorful things, etc.

The knowledge which you seek is acquirable. You can't make-up for what you don't have (as neither can any of us here make-up for what we don't have) ... except in that we go forward from now on doing the best we can to make our minds work in the best way possible.

So let this question go and go out and live. Ask some new questions. Only by doing this (moving on to new things) can any new knowledge be acquired.

It just doesn't make sense though. Recently, my dad asked me if i knew that there is risk in everything, and i said no, and he looked surprised. that hurt.

i think the solution to my problem is to be more inquisitive and read more on common wisdom of life.

This question and the surprise response makes me wonder if you exist (like many of us do or have) in a setting which undermines your self-esteem and confidence.

Do you think that people have treated you as "less than" or insufficient and therefore you may be believing it?

I disagree. I really don't think anyone comes out of the womb with any knowledge by default, except the parasympathetic stuff like the beating of the heart, breathing, looking at shiny, colorful things, etc.

I don't believe that. everybody has knowledge by default.

I don't believe that. everybody has knowledge by default.

and you wonder why you cant be mentally equal??

by YOUR logic you are answering your own question. but of course your logic also deflects any responsibility you have for the current state of your intellegence.

coincidence? i think not.

and you wonder why you cant be mentally equal??

by YOUR logic you are answering your own question. but of course your logic also deflects any responsibility you have for the current state of your intellegence.

coincidence? i think not.

i don't understand.

This question and the surprise response makes me wonder if you exist (like many of us do or have) in a setting which undermines your self-esteem and confidence.

Do you think that people have treated you as "less than" or insufficient and therefore you may be believing it?

no. everybody was given logical reasoning, and i was not.

OK, but what internal conversation?

the one you are about to start as soon as you stop reading this sentence.

ask yourself.. everything.

you have thoughts already running around in your head. just ask yourself something and see what it says.

like this:

i'm going to ask myself "how do you feel about love?"

"i feel like its a good thing that hopefully i will be in one day."

THATS the first thing that came to mind when i asked myself that. so... thats my initial answer.

and i can go deeper still... asking more questions.

"do you think you will be in it with the guy you are with now?"

and so on and so forth.

everybody else is mentally adept by default, so why not me?

thats the spirit. ask YOURSELF that and see what you say.

but please... you are getting nowhere by asking us over and over and over and then NOT accepting anyones answers.

everybody was given logical reasoning, and i was not.

This is soo not true!!! The majority of people either don't agree on what is 'logical' (i.e. they have their own logic) or they don't have really any kind of logic.

Do you still not get it that EVERYBODY agrees that you can be mentally equal, with the exception of yourself?

This is the answer: you do not want to accept that you have the ability; you prefer to claim there must be another reason, but yourself; therefore you keep saying: "I want to be mentally equal."

I am wondering if you really don't want to listen to what everyone has said here, of if you are having trouble processing what is written (although that is quite unlikely since you have said that you have been reading a number of books).

Why are you refusing to see a professional about this?

no. everybody was given logical reasoning, and i was not.
Did you not employ logic to come to this conclusion? For example, "I do not have innate access to knowledge like everyone else; therefore I was not given logical reasoning." So you do have logical reasoning.

Or, "this thread is not going anywhere, therefore it should be closed." This is a logical conclusion.

Here is another possible logical thought: "I am not willing to accept that I am unique individual with no choice like all other individuals to just live in the here and now and embrace life as it is, dealing with it as it comes at me in all of its chaos and confusion. Therefore I am like all others out there who are frozen in the face of the limits of their humanity, rather than motivated by the promise of all their future personal possibilities wrought necessarily of their current personal limits."

This is soo not true!!! The majority of people either don't agree on what is 'logical' (i.e. they have their own logic) or they don't have really any kind of logic.

How true. What many think is logical is not actually logical when considered in the most discretely logical sense. I took my first logic course in my early thirties in pursuit of my second degree. Boy was that a shocker. I learned that my idea of what was logical was way off. I am sure I still am not as logical as I could be.

Sanadee I suggest you go get yourself a beginning logic text (pretty easy and fun stuff) and work it along with the other reading you hope to do.

Come to think of it I should revisit formal logic training. Good idea. I have benefited from this thread. Thanks.

Archived