How do I become mentally equal?

sanadee

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Granted: my point about wisdom acquired through experience is a bit off your topic.

What exactly is "it" that you do not have?

1. same knowledge of human life as everybody else?

2. knowledge of more worth than others?

3. being mentally equal?

4. access to common knowledge?

5. or, innate access?

The same knowledge of human life as everybody else?

Okay great!! For me to answer the question you posed in this thread, it might be helpful for me to know what it is that all people (everybody but those in a predicament like yours) share in terms of knowledge about human life. But I can't know this. This is because by being just me (and not others), I can't get in the heads of others and verify which knowledge is common and which is not. Plus, I'd have to have some method of excluding from my investigation everybody in your predicament. Not knowing what I was looking for and then getting into heads of people like yours would make the project that much more confusing.

On the other hand, to answer your question maybe I don't need to know what that knowledge is so much as know how it is that one gets it.

So there is some knowledge facility that some people have access to that people like you do not.

](*,)

By gosh, I am really stumped. Perhaps I don't have access to it, either. Good grief ... and if I don't know what the knowledge is, how am I gonna know what to look for, or even know when I have it?? No wonder life is hard.

I had to go to three colleges before I really started to get it. I really don't think college or not had much to do with what is really important about knowledge and living life.

I had just needed to get enough experience in life to begin to know two things: how to know what the right questions are to ask, and how to teach myself, how to learn. I believe one just has figure these two things out on one's own.

nobody is saying that you can't be mentally equal, i.e. that you don't have a 'right' to have the same amount of knowledge (however you want to define that), but what we are trying to say is: it's up to you how much you know; you learn by experiencing things, by interacting with other people and by reading.

knowledge is NOT an intrinsic thing, it's acquired through life.

All you have to do is to stop believing that other people 'just have' knowledge and just start learning the things you want to know about.

I am not sure what kind of knowledge you are referring to.

Are you talking about common sense? like street smarts?

If you want to be knowledgeable, make yourself knowledgeable. Start reading more, read up on topics you find interesting.

There's no reason why you can't be mentally equal. But I don't know if this is something people are automatically born with. You learn as you go through life. I don't know if anyone has the answer to this question. Life is a continual learning process, we acquire new knowledge daily.

nobody is saying that you can't be mentally equal, i.e. that you don't have a 'right' to have the same amount of knowledge (however you want to define that), but what we are trying to say is: it's up to you how much you know; you learn by experiencing things, by interacting with other people and by reading.

knowledge is NOT an intrinsic thing, it's acquired through life.

All you have to do is to stop believing that other people 'just have' knowledge and just start learning the things you want to know about.

people do just have knowledge. why don't i? i am human like everybody else, or am i an alien?

I am not sure what kind of knowledge you are referring to.

Are you talking about common sense? like street smarts?

If you want to be knowledgeable, make yourself knowledgeable. Start reading more, read up on topics you find interesting.

There's no reason why you can't be mentally equal. But I don't know if this is something people are automatically born with. You learn as you go through life. I don't know if anyone has the answer to this question. Life is a continual learning process, we acquire new knowledge daily.

i want the same mental conception as everybody else.

i want the same common thinking about facts of life, reasoning and wisdom.

i want the same mental conception as everybody else.

i want the same common thinking about facts of life, reasoning and wisdom.

OP, everyone thinks differently and has different perceptions, and reasoning towards life. If we all thought the same then there wouldn't be so many disagreements in this world.

i don't believe that.

Why bother posting if you're not even going to listen to anybody's advice? If you choose to believe that the world is holding out on you, then it doesn't matter what anybody says.

Also, a lot of people obtained knowledge through being open-minded and being willing to look at things through different viewpoints. Those are two things that I have yet to see from you.

Why bother posting if you're not even going to listen to anybody's advice? If you choose to believe that the world is holding out on you, then it doesn't matter what anybody says.

Also, a lot of people obtained knowledge through being open-minded and being willing to look at things through different viewpoints. Those are two things that I have yet to see from you.

how am i being closed-minded?

i do seem to be unreceptive to new ideas, but I come accross that way here due to the fact nobody else reads for common knowledge in life.

I think a lot of wisdom in life is picked up intuitively or by experience, and i don't seem able to pick up it. Everybody else knows that in life everything has a cost, but i only figured this out a month ago. and it's basic common sense, since in life you cannot have anything without expending something or giving something up. One doesn't need experience to figure this out.

i sound negative, but being like this hurts me a lot. it makes people think i'm slow and stupid and turns people off me. i spend most of my time alone, and being seen as a fool who knows nothing is one of the major reasons why.

You probably think this is a minor problem, but it means a lot to me. I would give anything to be mentally equal like everybody else.

if i am mentally retarded, then OK, it would be a reason why. But i hate things like this.

I realise I do sound negative, but why can't i be mentally equal? it hurts me so much. me being so doesn't hurt anybody else, or infringe on anybody else's life.

Archived