Post here instead of contacting your ex!

Last night I went to the book launch. You were with me when I worked through all of it, so proud of me and supporting me to keep pursuing what I wanted to do. I wish you could have been there to celebrate too, I wish you had been next to me, meeting everyone. I wish I could call you and tell you all about it and how ecstatic and giddy I felt all night.

I know that sometimes I overreacted, that I cried when I drank too much. I know that one friend of yours didn't like me and that came between us, but I got along with everyone else so well. I got along with your family so well. Do you remember any of the good things I did for you? Do you remember how hard I worked to make your birthday incredible this year because you told me you'd never really celebrated it?

I miss you so, so much.

I'm going to get over you!! I don't know how long it will take. But i will.

I hate what you did to me. I am dealing with it though. I am stronger than you think!

You are the weak one. I think you always knew that. You made out like you were strong, but i was the strong one.

You will regret this one day. It will be too late by then. It already is.

Limiya

I wish I could believe you when you begged for me back. I wish we could get back together and live a happy life forever. I wish you were serious about how much has changed. I wish I could trust you. I wish you didn't make me feel so much pain. I wish I didn't love you anymore.

I know you're around. I still don't know what's up with you... and the fact that you haven't reached out for THIS long is pretty indicative of a lot of things contrary to what I assumed about you. The more I think about it with a clear head, the more I think it was pretty lame of me to have fallen so hard for someone I really didn't know that well. Here I am surprised at how you've behaved and the contrast between how wonderful you were in person, and how horrible you are now, far away. But how can I be surprised, really? This might be typical for you. I'd never know that. I didn't consult your ex... I didn't know any of your friends. I took you purely at your word. On one hand, I want to call myself dumb for doing that... but on the other hand, I don't want to be bitter and jaded and skeptical and resentful. I want to take people at their word. I want peoples' word to mean something. It just means I need to be careful and guard my heart a little bit more, the next time I decide to take someone at their word.

I think I was just so interested in the plethora of attention and affection I got from you. I was incredibly attracted to you, I liked the fact that you pursued me, were attracted to me and seemed to confide in me about stuff that maybe you didn't tell anyone else... I was enamored with your youth, your attachment, your presence, your sly and quick wit sense of humour, your astute observation, your sense of perpective, design, your potential, your hopes and dreams... I knew you loved me before you said it. It may not have been the truth, but it made me feel good for a couple of months. And I appreciate that for what it was, I guess. You made me laugh hard, embarassingly, every day. You made me feel good about myself, warm & fuzzy inside. You reminded me that flaws are not indicative of worth... you boosted my confidence. You were an alternate reality, an altered state of consciousness. haha.... You were essentially a really great drug trip. Following that analogy... I can't get mad at drugs for leaving me with a hangover and the horrible comedown feeling inside... realistically, I can't change drugs or resent them for not being healthy vitamins or magic beans. After the comedown, there's that feeling of wanting the beauty again... the perceived perfection. Emotionally, the drugs again quite a lot, and I'd imagine, after a 2 month bender, so much so that it feels like a tightly wound fist inside your chest and throat, and that you'll never quite feel the same way without them. But I know.... that feeling doesn't last forever. You just have to commit to not doing them any more, and it's a day at a time, until it doesn't hurt any more, and you've learned from your mistakes, your regrets, and your heartaches.

So, thanks for being a 2-month supply of MDMA, guy. Thanks for just being a party favour. Thanks for not being real. I'll know better next time, won't I.

I still love you as much as I always did. I still believe in us and what could be. Why dont you? Why tell me so much this year, only for things to be like this now . I miss you every day, I miss you so much and I struggle each day with facing my reality of nothingness with you. I hate this. Why dont you? Baby, I love you. just come back.

I had good day. I didn't bump into you I don't know how people who have to see their ex's do it: I'd want to punch you (not much power in these skinny arms). It's really nice being in Scotland again & I'm sad I don't live here any more. I've so many happy memories of being here and I'd rather they weren't tinged with sadness.

I still get moments where I can't understand our break up. I don't get where you're going to find this perfect person who fits you all the time (am I wrong in thinking this?). I feel like I know you so well & maybe it will take the honeymoon phase for you commit to someone. That's not my idea of love. I just don't understand how I could still love you, because you have been a selfish egotistical bas***d. Okay, I see the egotistical beatch in me sometimes so I treat you like a person. I find it really hard to understand. The only thing I can relate it to is when I was in 6th form & quite a few very decent guys liked me. I rejected them because I was naive. I thought more about what my friends thought. I thought someone would perfectly fit me. But, as it turns out, life isn't like that and I regret not forming these relationships but I learnt. It's hard not to relate my personal world to yours.

What really hurts is that I thought that deep inside you were kind and caring but you appear to have turned out to be ?more self occupied.

I don't think I am the things you think I am and I hope you realize that the 'not right' is coming from you. I'm praying that there is someone better suited for me out there.

But it does feel like a part of me has been ripped out. I just want to touch you. It's hard to be here because it feels like I've never been away.

So - congratulations? I know now why you disappeared into thin air. I just wish you had been honest with me then instead of just ceasing contact. It would have saved me some months of heartache and I wouldn't feel so incredibly stupid now for telling you when you clearly had other things to think about.

Someone just posted on this site about receiving contact from an ex who they only dated for six weeks. Contact nine months later.

We dated for six years. It has been over ten months. And nothing. Nada.

This irritates me so much lately. I hope this is the final burst of resentment/anger/longing before I'm finally done with this. Seriously.

I don't even know what to say. This merry go round will never stop and its my own fault. I definitly didn't have to message you back when I saw your message, it had been sitting there for over a month with out me seeing. I wish I never checked and saw it. But I did and there we went again...I don't know what to say now. I do still feel mislead, for the 20000th time. 'Lets give this one more shot, all or nothing' I don't know what all or nothing means to you but to me I actually took it as ALL OR NOTHING. But after two years of this crap you would think I would learn that you NEVER mean what you say. The problem is I don't think you know what you want. I do think you want me but I think you want your freedom more. The first few days we saw each other I saw a side of you I never thought I would see again, but those voices inside of you took over and you backed away. It should just prove to me that you want your single status more then you want me...that you care about that more then you ever cared about me. It hurts not gonna lie...

It hurt you basically telling me you needed to think about whether you wanted to be with me and give up single life. You just what expected me to wait around I guess right? Until you had this party this weekend. You must think I'm pretty dumb, that your 'friend' is coming in from out of town to stay with you. Yea I'm not dumb I'm sure something is gonna happen between you two, especially after I see she texts you flirty things. It's what ever at this point. I can't do this anymore. Telling you I think we should just be friends was hard for me, I could tell it wasn't what you wanted to hear. Because you want stupid little dependable Robin to always be there waiting for you. So by me basically saying I'm not going to wait, good luck with things, I do think it scared you a little. I hope it hurts. I hope you have this stupid party and realize- why did I let her go? And I hope I'm not there.

I just feel stupid, and I'm mad at myself but what else is new.

I can't stop thinking about you today. I'm having doubts: was I too demanding? Was I too extreme when I announced I wouldn't even consider taking you back? I keep looking at the list of things that you did to disappoint me, and I can't stop but think you must have acted that way because of something. What was it that made you change so much in so little time?

I called my mom yesterday, told her I was feeling like this. She proceeded to hammer me into shape again. I know I did things the best anyone could have, and with more patience than most. Still, what the hell happened during those two months? I know you will never tell me, but the question still lingers.

Darling,

Do you know where the remote is?

Thanks.

Made me smile like an idiot.

-----------------------------------

Hey you

I think things are shifting, all of a sudden I'm actually excited for the future. 2013 will turn out to be an amazing year, I just know it.

Feelings for you have not changed of course, but I reckon I can handle this! I'm strong.

xx

I'm really hurting tonight & I don't know why...ok, I do it's grief. Being here reminds me of you and I feel really lonely & haunted. I crave your company & I miss you so much. To think that you are happy without me really hurts. To think that you might know I'm here but not contacting me hurts. To think that you might be with someone else hurts.

I'm so confused as to what, in reality, went wrong because I thought that you loved me. I don't understand how my love could continue to grow & yours just didn't. If you were so unhappy why didn't you tell me rather than let it drag on for so long.

You were the closest person I've ever been to in my life & to loose you really kills me. I'm so scared about the future without you. I just don't feel like I understand. I feel like I've observed others relationships & I felt that what we had was special. For me it was rare. But to you? Could you have a million times better than me?

I know this is just the mood I'm in but it feels that everything I've ever believed about myself is true. I felt comfortable for a while but actually I am just not good enough

I cannot wait for this to pass and pray that someday all this will mean something to me.

PS: I'm considering going back to my training...it was such a love/hate relationship but I miss it. A couple of years complete madness and then I might change. I suppose I need to let go of the idea of a family. Just so if it doesn't happen it's not the end of the world. You're so lucky to say you don't want a family till your 30s. T'sk, who said women could have it all...the lucky ones do.

Hey, I have not talked to you in a while now, hope school and work is going well and I hope that you are finding things easier now that you have gotten into the swing of things. You wouldn't believe it but I have not had a drink or a cigarette in over 3 weeks. I am starting to feel like a free man, the alcohol no longer has a hold of me. I just wish you had some way of knowing that I have overcome my addictions and that I am doing better, but sadly there is no way for you to know this, because I have decided not to contact you so that you can move on... Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, I hope you are truly happy, I only picture you with a smile on your face.

Aaaand all of a sudden I can remember exactly why I was so upset about our breakup. I was starting to forget exactly why I felt so mistreated, and I was starting to feel concerned because I was starting to miss you once again... but I managed to relive my pain once more, and I'm able to put in words why I'm so hurt. Wow, you were a terrible girlfriend.