Post here instead of contacting your ex!

You told me to call if I feel like contacting you, well I did and after getting off the phone with you now and seeing how disinterested you are I wonder if anything will ever be good.

Maybe you're just having a bad morning. Maybe you just didn't want to hear from me.

It just hurts.

Such a tragic waste.

Of me, of you, of life, of love.

I hope to see you in a better place someday, where you'll know love and be forever free of that which torments you. We'll be the best of friends and you'll never again fear that which we all need: Love.

Until then, my long-lost friend and lover, be careful, be gentle, be still, and be well.

I'll see you later.

Z

M_____, I miss you so much, but I know I can't say anything to you unless I really want us to be together again. I don't know why we just couldn't get along. I think about you all the time. Yes, I want you to be in my life again, but it seems like we are totally incompatible. I can't tell you that I miss you or that I still love you, because that would give you false hope. I care about you and I love you, so I don't want to hurt you anymore. I want you to be happy. I just need to leave you alone and we both can move on. Well, we've done pretty well so far in NC. I just need to give you your stuff back.

Can you explain to me why you are dating an 18 year old girl when your reason for breaking up with me was that you needed to get your life together? I highly doubt that dating someone just out of high school is going to "move you forward in life" like you wanted. You basically put me down for "holding you back" in life, so I don't see how a girl who just began college is going to work for you. But I guess you lied and I was dumb to think for a minute that you gave me a real reason for leaving. Now you have at least 4 more years to finish your Bachelors degree (it will be 10 years since you started).

I think that's really sad. But what's more sad is that I think about it.

I hate you. I cant believe you did exactly what my dad did, u hated him for what he did to my mum! oh but i guess.. its not 'cheating' well it is, its an emotional affair and it has led to something now. I dont want you or any of your friends or her feeling sorry for me. im gonna hav a great new life in london without u and am never speaking to u ever again - that will surprise u eh! im not gonna let u kno i kno, im leavin this situation with my head held high and soon enough you will realise its the biggest mistake u ever made

If it is HER I will be so freeeekin mad that u wasted 4 years of my life!

Well, I think you used me, manipulated my feelings for you, and I don't believe you ever loved me. I'm not sure what kind of person you are now or ever were. It was a lie particularly in light of the fact you're back with an old BF. Please please don't contact me I don't want to hear from you, ever.

I loved you so much, more than anyone in my life before. You knew that, you knew I wanted us forever, you said you did too, but you didnt. You gave conditional love - behave this way and all will be ok, behave like yourself and I dont want you.

What happens when your new love doesnt live up to your expectations of perfection - she will be another me - poor girl

You never deserved me - never

After what Ive found out the past few days I was starting to doubt our whole relationship. I cant sleep and my heart pounds so hard and loud.

I was just reading old emails and the truth of the matter is we DID have a good relationship and I do really think you DID love me and it was true. But thats gonna be hard to believe if i find out the OW is who i suspect.

But knowing all this, I think you will live to regret this decision and realise you gave up the best thing you ever had, but unfortunately, its already too late. as much as I love you and miss you and find it hard to believe there is anyone else better suited to me - you broke us, you had an emotional affair and I could never trust you again although, I think its gonna be a hell of a challenge trusting any guy now!

After 11 months and I still wake up in the early morning hours from dreaming of you. What's the purpose of all these sad dreams? In them, you are always leaving me...in the forest, in a dark room, in a restaurant alone...why must you leave me nearly every night? Isn't once enough? As if I haven't had enough grief this year. Still, you haunt my dreams and must rub in the fact that you left me. You always were one to rub things in.

Ok, this is silly. I know you aren't haunting my dreams. You probably don't ever even think about me anymore. You're just a figment of my imagination now, a ghost.

I know you probably aren't what you seemed at the time, but it's hard... because you really did seem like a "good guy"...I wish I could stop thinking that about you since there are many negative things about you, but my heart wants to think you are still the One. Why?

Someday I hope I meet someone who appreciates my love and everything I have to offer. I don't want to waste more time on someone who is busy loving someone else!

My first time here:

Dear A,

I hope you are doing well. I am fine. I am not sure you are still using this email address. Also not sure whether you would have wanted to hear from me. But I need to write a few things.

See the thing is that after we broke up, I went through a very difficult time. There still are days when I get down about it. but overall the quality of my life has improved over time to the point now that I feel back on track again. I traveled a lot, leanred new skills, met new people.

So overall, life looks ok.

There is only one problem and that is, you are the only person in the world I am in a ‘no contact’ zone with, and that just tells me that everything is not ok with my world, my life. I don’t want to live in a world where there is one person I don’t talk to, especially when that person has been the dearest of friends to me.

So I am writing you to exit my ‘no contact’ zone and say my peace. Its your prerogative to never reply.

Dear A, life with you was full of love and fun times, and I loved every moment of it. and I am now very happy that you are no longer the person I don’t talk to. I hope you are very happy, and I wish you a great life full of love and joy!

Yours sincerely,

- curiocity

It'll be 2 months NC on Christmas Eve. I was fine until yesterday when someone decided to tell me that you've been a little promiscuous lately at school and that you've turned into a huge * * * * * . Hearing that was the first time I felt any real emotion towards you in the past month. It hurt me because you used to be someone better than that and I don't know what the hell happened to you. When you broke up with me you used every cliche there is - i have intimacy issues, i just can't make you happy because i am so unhappy with my own life, i don't want to be tied down. I feel like you're nothing but lies and illusions.

I would have done anything for you, and you said that every time I would try to get closer, it would push you away. Are you really in a better place without me?

I almost cracked and texted you and almost searched for you on facebook. But I stopped myself from falling back into those traps.

I'm still not over you, but I want to be. But I look back on this time last year after you broke up with me the first time - before I waited 9 months to get back together with you - and realize that I am so much stronger than I was then.

I want to be happy for you but I can't be, I hate you right now and it's going to be a long long time before I can ever speak to you again.

I haven't ignored you because I don't want to talk to you. I'm doing it to protect us both. I'm doing it to protect myself from clinging to hope that doesn't even exist and I'm protecting you from seeing how much I'm still struggling and how my life is at a standstill as I try and maneuver my way out of this hurt. I still hope you will try harder to reach me. If you think it's a coincidence we haven't bumped into one another in town, it's not. I've made every effort to not see or be seen. It does my heart good to know that you are happy and content with your life as it is now, but it stings a little knowing that there's no way you could have been in such a state with me. I hate you and I love you and everyday I fight to erase a little piece of you from my memory.

• Like 1