Really? 2 inches makes that much difference?

Timbone

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just think people get (false) ideas about what they like... For example, for years I only wanted shorter girls, like 5'3 - 5'6... Now my current girlfriend is as tall as me (I'm 5'11)...

I kind of agree with this. I think "tall" may be on a lot of women's "perfect guy description list", but I do think it is one of those things that in the end a lot of women won't care about if it's a great guy.

I think a part of the problem is severe "height inflation" that happens on both dating websites and when you ask people "how tall are you?".

I am 180 cm that converts to 5'9. I'm taller then 80% of the people I meet and yet I regularely hear people that are shorter then I am say they are 5'10 , 5'11 or 6 feet.

I think a part of the problem is severe "height inflation" that happens on both dating websites and when you ask people "how tall are you?".

I am 180 cm that converts to 5'9. I'm taller then 80% of the people I meet and yet I regularely hear people that are shorter then I am say they are 5'10 , 5'11 or 6 feet.

No it does not, you are 5'11". 5'9" is 175 cm.

Bingo. I just strike the 5'5" and shorter women seeking only 5'11" and up men, cull out some of the shallow ones from the get-go.

Bingo. I just strike the 5'5" and shorter women seeking only 5'11" and up men, cull out some of the shallow ones from the get-go.

Exactly. Strangely, I've noticed that women 5'6+ range are seemingly less shallow about height. But I think it can be explained. A lot of women claim that being with an extra tall man makes them feel feminine. Shorter women may be subconsciously insecure about their height so they instead take every bit advantage of it and go for the extra tall man so they can feel as completely feminine as possible and override the insecurity.

Probably a genetic trigger to keep the gene pool averaged out.

Exactly what I was thinking. 180cm = 5'11", not 5'9".

link removed

Actually, no. At least when I do my own calculations it does not come out that way. Lets do the math.

1 inch = 2.54 cm.

I am 180 cm. Therefore to find out how many inches tall I am, the calculation is 180/2.54 = 70.866 inches tall.

Since their are 12 inches in a foot, we then divide 70.866 by 12.

70.866/12 = 5.9 feet.

Therefore I am 5'9 inches tall according to the math I've done. I'm not sure how that website is doing its calculations...

Actually, no. At least when I do my own calculations it does not come out that way. Lets do the math.

1 inch = 2.54 cm.

I am 180 cm. Therefore to find out how many inches tall I am, the calculation is 180/2.54 = 70.866 inches tall.

Since their are 12 inches in a foot, we then divide 70.866 by 12.

70.866/12 = 5.9 feet.

Therefore I am 5'9 inches tall according to the math I've done. I'm not sure how that website is doing its calculations...

You are 5.9 feet not 5'9".

5'9" = 69 inches = ((5 x 12 ) + 9)

69 inches x 2.54 cm = 175.26 cm

It does make that much more of a difference for various reasons. Just like I have my reasons for my preferences. I just think some of the reasons are BS. Call me out on that, fine. But just because some guy is taller than I am doesn't mean he can hand me my behind on a platter and protect you if the situation calls for it. Who knew that my height would effect my ethics, bringing home a paycheck, and getting things done. Who knew.

I know there are a few women, maybe a couple, maybe most, that will and have passed me up simply because of my height (5'6ish), but I'm not the one missing out. The best things come in smaller packages

But seriously...I doubt most "shorter" guys get passed up simply because of their height, I think it's the lack of confidence that comes with their height most of the time. Seen it with myself.

And I hope people can filter through my post..

I'm not going to lie, I think most of the girls out there are naturally attracted to taller guys. It's not about being shallow, I think it's something like animal instinct. However, unless you plan to spend your life seeking for girls who don't go past the first impression, as long as you're self-confident, cute, sweet and funny, no girl will be out of your league.

Speaking as a midge (5'4) why does it even matter? Find wee gals to date...we rock!

Because most of them want a really tall guy.

Am I the only one who thinks of something other than height when reading the thread title?

Your not the only one.

Archived