Question about prettily dressed girls and bars/clubs

mfan

Hi everyone, I always appreciate the helpfulness of people on this forum. May I ask a sort of silly question?

A couple of years ago I decided not to go to clubs or lounges anymore. I gave them a try many many times but I found I don't really have fun at those places, plus I end up spending a lot of money so it's pointless if I'm not really enjoying it. No big deal. Often I see girls dressed very prettily (e.g. nice dress + nice shoes) and at first I feel like aw, I should start dating and find a girlfriend like that. But then I get depressed because I think "but since she's dressed so nicely, she probably goes to clubs all the time, so she's not right for me".

Can you reassure me that that last conclusion is wrong? I'd appreciate any thoughts about this. Thanks.

A couple of years ago I decided not to go to clubs or lounges anymore. I gave them a try many many times but I found I don't really have fun at those places, plus I end up spending a lot of money so it's pointless if I'm not really enjoying it. No big deal.

That's fine. I'm not into clubs either. Honestly, I'm convinced that most people aren't. Anyways:

Often I see girls dressed very prettily (e.g. nice dress + nice shoes) and at first I feel like aw, I should start dating and find a girlfriend like that. But then I get depressed because I think "but since she's dressed so nicely, she probably goes to clubs all the time, so she's not right for me".

You have no way of knowing what she's like until you talk to her. If you have an opportunity to talk to a pretty girl you should do it and then you can find out if she's "right for you" or not. If you don't talk to her you'll never find out.

Girls dress up and go to clubs/bars with the same intentions as a guy who dresses up going to a club/bar.

They want to be noticed in some way or another, they may not admit it up front, but thats the the reason 90% of the time that everyone is there.

Dont be intimidated by a girl dressed nice, thats 180 in the wrong direction which you should be going.

I like to dress pretty when I go out to bars and clubs sometimes (not very often anymore). However, any other day you'd find me in jeans and a t-shirt, and I'm very laid back and don't always care about clubbing and partying.

Don't judge a book by its cover, pretty much. At least not at first glance.

I am also not into that scene. I've never wanted to go, so I've never gone. BUT if I did ever go, the only thing I would enjoy would probably be dressing up for it! It wouldn't at all mean I was into clubbing. However, a club is probably not the best place to meet girls who don't like clubs!

Girls dress up and go to clubs/bars with the same intentions as a guy who dresses up going to a club/bar.

They want to be noticed in some way or another, they may not admit it up front, but thats the the reason 90% of the time that everyone is there.

Dont be intimidated by a girl dressed nice, thats 180 in the wrong direction which you should be going.

I work in a club part time and I can vouch for the truth in this statement. Do not be intimidated by their appearance, they dress this way to attract attention. Talking to them to qualify their intentions albeit difficult is key to ascertain their motivations.

The best part of clubbing is dressing up for it. lol. I love dressing up, regardless of where I'm going.. it's not for other people... it's for me. i love love clothes. Being into bars isn't necessarily a bad thing, eh? unless it's a routine thing. but i'm not a fan of it, either.

Before my current relationship, I had only been to clubs/bars a handful of times.

Each of those times I would have been dressed up (as in, wearing a cocktail dress). I will wear a nice dress any time I can get away with it because they make me feel feminine and pretty. If I'd had a guy come up to me during one of those occasions at a bar/club I would have been flattered beyond belief. I would also have been a bit scared that perhaps he was a club/bar person whereas I wasnt!

So definitely don't make assumptions..

I never go to clubs/bars so I have no reason to dress up and otherwise not interested in finding a guy there either...I don't drink, and don't want a guy who drinks.

I rather meet a guy in a store, bookstore, park, temple, sports events, or anywhere other than where possible drugs and/or alcohol are ingested.

I go to bars/clubs all the time.. I don't really tend to get too dressed up b/c its not a big a deal for me anymore.

Also.. what's wrong with someone who does go out to bars and clubs a lot? They are probably single and going out to meet people or have a large going out group of friends...

I don't think that necessarily means she goes to bars all the time. I wear sundresses and skirts to class sometimes, but never with heels. That's just too much. What you might worry about more than the possibility that they go clubbing a lot is the possibility that they're high maintenance. I'm all about looking cute every day and wearing a skirt or dress at least 2 or 3 times a week, but if she wears a nice dress and heels every day, she's probably high maintenance.

Who cares if she likes going to bars or clubs. Just because she goes to clubs doesnt mean that you have to. Plus there is no point taking a girl to a club, it just cuts off your conversation time with her. Ask these girls out and show them some things that you think are interesting. Show off your knowledge of small bistros, or some hole in the wall place that has really good food. Show the girl your likes and realize that you do not have to conform to what she likes.

I too am not into the whole clubbing scene because it's expensive and I don't necessarily enjoy it as much as a quiet night with a couple of my friends. However, whenever I go (which is probably like, four times a year) I will dress up really nice with cocktail dresses and high heels because it's probably the only times that I get to dress up. This is cos I want to look really nice. When I'm doing more laid back activities, I will never wear heels. So just because she dresses nice, it doesn't mean that she's definitely into clubbing a lot.

Archived